Chapter 13

Edited 07-02-2016

Lilith's POV

Hermione is so annoying right now that I just want to throw her out the window. Today is the day, the day Hermione and I will enjoy ourselves while dancing... Well, she will be dancing with her date, I'll just stand next to the food section and choke to death... No, that would be bad.

We are finishing our outfits, and I know I look hot, like damn hot! I'm wearing the dress the mysterious person gave me, and Hermione is wearing the dress I gave her. Guess we are all lucky and have a guardian angel out there. I'm Mione's guardian angel, I gave her that magnificent dress after all! If I had decided to buy myself s dress instead of buying her one, she would be here all night, crying. I know I'm being mean but I'm a great friend, they have to admit it.

"Lilith, are you ready"? She shouts at me. I'm locked inside the bathroom. All the girls are gone already, they started getting ready like hours ago. Hermione and I are the last ones, and Ron and Harry are waiting for us downstairs.

"Two minutes." I yell back at her and she leaves the door. I bet she's pacing around, nervous about all of this. It's her first ball after all, so she should be nervous. It's my first one as well, but I'm more relaxed, I don't have a date so no one is going to be embarrassed if I do something wrong. And I want to have some fun tonight, without worrying about the meeting, Umbitch, or anything else. Tonight is all about me having a good time.

I finish my makeup and brush my new hair (it's black tonight, so I look a lot more like Harry than before), making everything as simple as possible, I can't stand those girls with rainbow faces, different colors everywhere. Purely disgusting!

The door opens suddenly and a crying Lavender rushes inside. She kneels next to me and cries her eyes out.

I sit next to her and embrace her by the shoulders. "What is wrong, sweetheart?"

"He-he-h... He left me in the middle of the hall!" She screams and sobs at the same time. She buries her head on my shoulder and I pat her back. Poor her, if I ever find out who did this to her... Man, just run!

"Who did this to you, Lav?" I ask, and she looks at me with sad eyes.

"Hugh... He asked me two days ago, and I was so excited to have a date and all, and Hugh is super hot, and I'm sorry for saying this, I know he's your ex, but I have eyes Lilith! He's handsome, and when I arrived he just told me to leave because he never wanted to go with me, that he's just waiting for his girl to arrive." Now she's sobbing even harder, and it's getting difficult to understand her. But I endured my sisters' fights for years, and now I know how to decipher sob language.

"Hugh?!" I can't believe it. "How could he? I'll go and talk to him when I'm done with my outfit, okay? He won't get away with this, I promise." She nods and washes her face. I put some makeup on her, something light to go with her beautiful dress. She's wearing a mint green floor length dress, with leaf patters everywhere. I have to say, it's perfect for her. Somehow, the dress complements her and makes her shine.

She hugs me when I finish her makeup, and whispers "Thank you so much Lilith. You're a great person, and I'm sorry if I ever doubted you." Oh, I kinda forgot to say that she was a mean girl to me. Let's stop there. I'm not one to think about the past. Sometimes I do but I try to forget. She's not so bad after all.

"No need for that, anything for a friend." When I say this, her smile gets even wider, and her face is all sweet and cute, like a fluffy cat. She's beautiful, I don't understand why Hugh would do something like that to her. He's an ass, that's what happened.

Lavender hugs me one last time and leaves again. I hope she has some fun tonight. Then, as the door closes, I feel something behind me, but the only thing behind me is the mirror... I turn around and look right at it, and what I see scares the shit out of me.