Chapter 2: The Minister's Son

Mr. Kim Ji-hwan and his wife were sitting on the living room couch when their son finally appeared all clean and fit to be seen. He wore a slim fitted shirt, tapered pants, and a classy designer jacket. Taehyung bowed slightly, then sat in front of them. His mother crossed her hands on her chest and pressed her lips flat in an upset manner. Could she just pinch Taehyung's ears and drag him, just like when Tae was seven? She was so annoyed and her fingers were itching to lash out at a certain someone.

"Where's your partner?" She asked full of dignity like the socialite woman that she was.

"He's-taking a shower." Taehyung said the obvious and pointed in his bedroom's direction. Well, if his parents didn't suddenly barge into his personal place and disrupt his romantic day, he initially wanted to take a shower together with his partner. Of course, to reserve some water and save the planet. It was for a scientific purpose, you know...

"And where did you meet him?" She continued. She had to make sure that her son didn't sleep with just any boys that could potentially expose him or their respectable family to unpleasant situations afterward.

"Uh, at Jimin's party... He's Jimin's friend... A model."

Her mother rolled her eyes. Oh, Jiminie! That devilish angel! The son of her very own best friend. Taehyung's partner in crime since they were both in kindergarten. Mrs. Kim loved Jimin like her own son, but sometimes that angelic boy did some unholy things! "Another one-night-stand, then." She concluded.

Mr. Kim Ji-hwan rubbed his wife's back to calm her down. "Honey, Sweetheart..." He talked in a soothing tone and gave her a sweet smile. He might have to book a relaxing vacation to pamper his dearest wife later after such a 'stressful' incident like this. Pfiuh! It was hard to be him.

Taehyung looked down at his lap. They went silent afterward. His mother didn't even want to look at him again. She looked away and diverted her gaze at the window. Though she knew that her cold and indifferent demeanor couldn't affect her youngest son anymore, she still wanted to show him how upset she was.

A few minutes later, Taehyung's partner came out of the room, looking so fresh and clean. He bowed politely at the Kims and sat beside Taehyung, ready to get his verdict. Also ready to defend himself, if necessary.

Mr. Kim Ji-hwan looked at the boy intently. He was so handsome. That kind of face was surely unforgettable, but that wasn't the thing that piqued him. The boy resembled someone. Someone he somewhat knew! But who and where?

He cleared his throat. "So, what's your name?" He asked calmly.

"Kim Seokjin, Sir."

"Well, nice to meet you, Kim Seokjin. I'm Taehyung's father." He smiled and looked at his wife. "Honey, will you accompany them for a bit? I need to use the bathroom." He got up, squeezed his wife's hand and excused himself. He had to google who the boy exactly was, now that he knew his full name.

Mrs. Kim smiled at them. "I'm sorry we have to meet like this, Seokjin. Did Tae treat you well?" She asked Jin with a sweet smile, but then sent a death glare at her goblin-son.

"Yes, Ma'am." Seokjin nodded and forced an awkward smile.

"So, I heard from Tae that you're a model like Jiminie?"

"Yes, Ma'am." He answered shortly again. What could he do? He was an introvert and never got used to this kind of small talk with strangers. An introverted person like him was practically picked up and got 'adopted' by extroverts like Taehyung.

Mrs. Kim smiled. "That's good." She tried hard to make a decent conversation, though she knew Taehyung would ditch the boy soon after, just like every other one before. But this one seemed somehow different. Unlike a shallow brainless model who had nothing but a pretty face, this boy right here has a polite manner and elegant appearance.

"Let's go!" Mr. Kim Ji-hwan approached them with a brisk walk and cheerful smile several minutes later. "Do you have somewhere to go this noon, Seokjin?" He asked calculatedly.

"Uh? Eh no, Sir."

"Then have lunch with us!"

"W-what?" Taehyung was puzzled. He and Seokjin looked at each other. Taehyung's parents knew that Jin was only his one-night-stand partner, so why bother to invite Jin to his big brother's private luncheon?

Mrs. Kim shot a questioning glance at her husband, but Mr. Kim Ji-hwan gave her certain signals to just go along with his plan. "Come on, Boys! Tae, you'll drive your own car, hm? We'll meet you guys in the restaurant then?!" He then hastily walked out of the condo, got into the elevator, and pushed the close button before the boys could even say anything to protest.

"What's that about?! It's Namjoon's important luncheon with his soon-to-be in-laws! Why would you invite a complete stranger?!" She nudged her husband's arm soon after that, sounding so perplexed. "There will be some press there too! What will happen if the media associates Taehyung with that random boy??!"

"That's exactly my goal."

"What?!!"

"He's not just a random boy. Kim Seokjin is the only son of Kim Seung Won, the Minister of Health and Welfare."

"HUH....??" Mrs. Kim was agape. "Are you thinking what I think you're thinking, Honey?" She asked.

"What are you thinking exactly, Sweetheart?" Mr. Kim Ji-hwan giggled at his sweet wife.

*****