Chapter 14: Dinner Party

Not long after the pictures of the high-profile meeting took a storm on the internet, the Democratic Party held several internal-party meetings to discuss the possibility and the potential.

After two long weeks, they finally reached an agreement to continue nominating Minister Kim as their presidential candidate. They followed up their decision by officially announcing it to the public. Minister Kim and his allies finally breathed out of relief. One hurdle has been passed. The next would be even bigger: the election campaign.

But now, it was time to make a little celebration dinner with his close allies. Mr. Kim Ji-hwan, Mr. Min, and Mr. Park were among them. They all came with their family. There was one more close ally that Minister Kim had invited tonight: the Prime Minister.

As the principal executive assistant to the president, the Prime Minister of South Korea was the one who recommended Kim Seung Won to the president to become the Minister of Health and Welfare back then. And the Prime Minister's son had been closely working with Minister Kim himself since then, as his Personal Assistant: Jung Hoseok. So Prime Minister Jung and his family were also here tonight.

This was supposed to be a family dinner party, so nobody talked about politics tonight. They just enjoy the food, the drink, and the company. After the dinner, the big entourage started to split into smaller groups. The gentlemen and the ladies each moved into separate rooms, meanwhile the youngers were staying in the living room.

"So Namjoona, when did you know that Seokjin was not an ordinary public servant's son?" Being nosy, Min Yoongi asked, making everybody instantly laugh, except for Jung Hoseok, his girlfriend, and Park Jimin—-the three were just being introduced to the rest of the guests tonight.

"Argh! Not again!" Namjoon groaned and tried to hide behind Min Hye-rin's hair.

"What? Did I miss something?" Hoseok took his wine glass and took a seat beside his lovely girlfriend.

So, the story was once again being told happily by Taehyung, earning a good one minute of laughter from Jimin, Hoseok, and his girlfriend.

"Jimin, I heard you had already graduated. Any plan?" Namjoon tried to divert the subject from himself.

"Nope. Am just gonna leech my parent's money dry!" He raised his wine glass to the air and grinned.

Namjoon shook his head and Taehyung shuffled Jimin's neatly gelled hair.

"Hey!"

"You have no shame! You should get a girlfriend, get married, and try to live responsibly!" Taehyung's arms still tried to reach out onto his head.

"Tsk! Look who's talking! You were as bad as me before you met Jin." Jimin quickly argued and dodged.

"That's why I told you to get a girlfriend!"

"I have a lot of girlfriends!"

"If you have a lot, then give Min Yoongi one!"

"Oh wow, Namjoona! Is that a payback?" Yoongi put his palm on his heart and shook his head at his friend. Namjoon giggled.

"Yoongi Oppa, you work too much. Let loose for a bit!" Hye-rin added.

"Yoongi hyung works too much, meanwhile this chickling here plays too much." Taehyung managed to strangle Jimin with his armpit.

"ARGH!! Argh...!! Taehyunga...!!"

"Tae, Tae... let him go!" Seokjin pulled his boyfriend.

"Sometimes I feel sorry for Jin who has to put up with his kindergarten boyfriend." Namjoon whispered loudly in his fiance's ear. Making Hye-rin and everyone giggled.

"I'm out of here. Let's go, Jin." Taehyung got up.

"No no no, we know where and what you're going to do, you Horny Little Devil. Stay here, Baby Brother!"

Taehyung grinned shamelessly at his big brother's remark and slumped back onto his seat.

"FYI, I don't want a girlfriend...." Min Yoongi muttered. "Relationships are hard, harder than managing a big hospital. So, no dating for me. Not gonna get married either. I would rather stay single, work hard, and grow old with my dog." Yoongi sipped his drink.

"If someday you fall in love with a girl, I'll laugh your ass off!" Namjoon swore.

"If I ever fall in love, you can have my new BMW, Joon." He said recklessly.

"Deal!"

***

.

Meanwhile in the other room...

"Mrs. Min, is Doctor Yoongi still single?" Mrs. Park asked. "Because I have this French model who works for me. She's a sweet girl, really smart, irresistibly pretty, and obsessed with Korean men. She really wanted to marry one."

"Oh yes, yes, Mrs. Park! Yoongi is still single. I would be very grateful if you could introduce him to a nice girl."

"Well, well, well, let's make them meet, then." Mrs. Park winked and Mrs. Min glowed in happiness.

"By the way, how's Jimin doing?" Taehyung's mother asked Mrs. Park.

"Ah, that boy! I need help disciplining him. He graduated three months ago from Marketing Communication major, and he doesn't wanna work until now, not with his father nor with me. He was just wasting my money with every girl he met. I've lost my patience!"

"Let's put him in Kim Pharma, then. I'm sure my husband can arrange a spot for him."

"Oh Gosh, thank you so much, Honey! I need to give him a life lesson. Jimin needs to grow up and be a responsible adult!"

*****