Chapter 21: Epilogue

Right now, Taehyung didn't think Seokjin would change his mind. He had to just accept that. His only way to negotiate turned out to be a total failure half an hour ago. He should've known better that he was often lost to Jin in bed. Why did he even try? Huh!

He wiped his wet hair with a towel, then sat on the dining table. Seokjin turned and smiled at his freshly showered boyfriend. He poured y​angnyeom tongdak (spicy fried chicken) onto the plate and put it on the table in front of Taehyung. "Do you want some rice with it?"

The younger one shook his head in silence.

"I made it not too spicy." Jin said.

Taehyung gave no response. He ate with his head hanging low. He was obviously still upset.

"I asked Hoseok Hyung about the house requirements for security purpose, and he sent me a list. And your mom also gave me some flyers of several other houses to see. But yeah, after I checked the security requirements with all the potential houses, the most suitable one is the first one your parents showed us. They had chosen the best." Seokjin said. "Do you wanna see the others though?"

"No." A short and meek answer.

"Shall we see the house this weekend, then?"

"Did you tell my dad that you'll pay half of the price?" Tae asked back.

"Yes."

"Did he agree to it?"

"Yes."

What?! His dad agreed to let Jin pay for the house?!! This enraged Taehyung. Why and how come?! What did Jin say to make his dad agree? "Have you already known the estimated price of that house?"

"Yes."

"And how much money will you have left in your savings after paying for that?!" Taehyung stared at his boyfriend.

Jin grinned. He never actually planned to buy a house that big. But... "None, and still a few million short. I will pay it as an installment to your dad from my monthly salary."

Taehyung threw the chicken bone on his plate and smacked his fists on the table. "How about your university admission?!" He stared intensely.

"I'll find a scholarship for my master's degree. Don't worry. I'm sure I'll get one easily."

Taehyung stood up in frustration and rubbed his head roughly.

"Would you care to hear my explanation?" Seokjin asked carefully.

"NO! FUCK NO! Just go to the Blue House and keep your money!! Don't buy the house! Let's not live together!! ARGH!!"

"TAEHYUNGA!" Jin's voice was stern. He never once raised his voice to Taehyung, but this time is the one time he needed to. "Sit down. Let's talk about it calmly." He lowered his voice again, sat straight on his chair, and stared at his boyfriend.

Taehyung, who was startled at Jin's volume, let out a deep sigh. He tried to calm himself reluctantly and sat back on his chair. Seokjin approached him closer. Caressed his hair and pecked him gently.

"I love you." He began. "This is a house where I want to build a home and a future together with you." Jin talked in a very soft tone.

A house where I want to build a home and a future... together... with you...

Taehyung was astounded.

Seokjin looked at him deeply and caressed Taehyung's cheeks. "Do you understand now why it is so important to me to take part in it?"

"..... Hyung..." Taehyung's eyes suddenly welled up. He hugged his love tightly and nuzzled his head on Jin's chest. "Alright..." He said finally. "Do what you want..."

Seokjin smiled. "Thank you, Baby." He hugged Taehyung and kissed his crown. "Now," He added in a more playful way. "Since I'll only have a small amount of money left after I pay the installment, you may have to pay all of our bills later. You know, the electricity, gas... "

"I'll take care of it. What else do you need, Hyung?"

Jin went in silence. "Just love me a little bit more..." He said softly.

Taehyung chuckled with teary eyes. "Just lean on me sometimes, Jin... I might be younger and more childish, but I want to protect and help you too. Treat me like an equal partner."

Seokjin kissed the tip of his nose. "All right."

"I'll graduate next month and start to work, I'll earn my own money. Dad will also legally hand over my share of Kim Pharma's stock after I graduate. So, you don't have to worry about our financial situation. I'll take care of it. I'll take care of you..."

Seokjin smiled and mumbled thank you.

"Even if you don't get any scholarship, I'll pay for your college tuition." Taehyung's determination made Seokjin giggle. Oh look, his baby was all grown up and ready to bear responsibility now.

"I'll get a scholarship, don't worry. And I still have some money left for our groceries too, and maybe for taking you out on a date once in a while."

"Tsk! You better start to save some money again, I might want a wedding ring sooner than you think."

Seokjin laughed. "Okay, I'll try, Baby." He leaned on and kissed Taehyung. "I'll make sure to buy you a nice ring."

They hugged for a while longer.

.

"I love you, Hyung. I love you so much."

"I love you too, Taehyunga!"

"Then rely on me, your rich boyfriend!" Taehyung suddenly yelled.

"Tsk!" Seokjin let go of his embrace, grabbed a chicken wing on his plate, and started to munch them. "Finish your dinner and wash the dishes, Rich Boyfriend!" He said nonchalantly.

"Aah, Hyung....!" Taehyung whined. "Hyuuung...."

Seokjin rolled his eyes. That childish whine came out of the same man who just lustfully bit his shoulder while they were making love a while ago! Tsk!
.

Seokjin smiled. He knew he and Taehyung would be just fine. They might fight a bit here and there, but they would make it. They would live well for years to come, and he couldn't wait for the adventures they would have together.

*****

~ FIN ~
.
.
.

Author's note:

Thank you so much for reading this book. I hope I didn't make the political part too heavy to digest. I browsed a lot about South Korean politics and government to make the story more accurate.

See you next time. Take care. Eat good food. Get enough sleep. Stay happy and healthy.

Now, I'm going back to my exile & cry over Seokjin. 😭😢
.

BTW, please give me your insight/opinion about this book.  Is it too heavy, or is the anti-climax ended too fast, anything..
Thank you.
.
.