Chapter 12: Second Offering: The Allies

Seokjin apologized to his father for his selfishness in wanting to be his true-self and be with Taehyung, and endangering his father's future career in the process.

"You don't have to protect me, Seokjina. I should be the one who protect you. Now, now, be good with your boyfriend, hm! You got him the hard way, so don't take your relationship for granted."

Seokjin nodded solemnly.

"Are you happy, Seokjina?" His father smiled at him.

"Yes, Appa."

"That's all that matters, then." He patted and hugged his only son. "That's all that matters!"

But of course, every action had consequences. This decision created a ripple effect elsewhere.

***

.

There were so many things going on for everybody in the span of several months.

Seokjin had quietly resigned from his job at Seoul Medical Research Institute and secretly moved to Kim Pharmaceutical Research Laboratory. He was welcomed warmly there. By how special he was treated, how politely they bowed and respected him, Seokjin knew that his fellow co-workers knew who he was. Either as the Health Minister's son, or as Taehyung's boyfriend. But even if they knew, they nicely kept it to themselves.

The only thing that Seokjin didn't know was that before he started to work there, Chief Jang actually briefed all his team—-who were mostly young and many of them were still single—-that: "The soon-to-be their Big Boss' son-in-law will work here. He's not only a genius, but irresistibly handsome and polite, so probably many of you will fall in love with him, whether you're a girl or a boy. But you must remember that he belongs to your Big Boss son. So, know your place and don't even try, otherwise Kim Taehyung will hunt you down to your grave!"

Seokjin and Taehyung were [still secretly] dating, and Taehyung sometimes picked him up at the lab after the work hour ended. Things were going well between them. They talked a lot about each other, about their past and their future plans, about what they like and hate. They set boundaries and tried to tolerate each other's weaknesses and flaws. They really took their relationship seriously.

About three months after the gossip broke on the internet, Kim Pharmaceutical finally bagged up all the necessary documents and permits to release their new psychotropic drug to the market, with the help of Minister Kim. And the sale result so far was promising and made Mr. Kim Ji-hwan smile satisfyingly.

Meanwhile, things didn't go too well for Minister Kim. The gossip didn't die down easily and Minister Kim's opponent tried to dig up more dirt on him. Up until now, Minister Kim has kept quiet about his son's sexuality, and his silence didn't make it any better. This "scandal" upset a lot of people in the Democratic Party—-the political party that would nominate Minister Kim to become president.

Things got worse when the opposing Conservative Party officially announced their presidential candidate's name. This made the Democratic Party press Minister Kim more to make an official statement and clear things out, otherwise there would be a chance that his nomination would be withdrawn and the party nominated a new candidate entirely.

The campaign would start in the next few months and the political situation would start to heat up.

But Minister Kim had another plan instead.

***

.

Mr. Kim Ji-Hwan rang one of his secretaries from the CEO's office. "I'm heading to The Pine Restaurant in an hour. Call Nam-gil and tell him to be ready there."

"Right away Sir, I'll call reporter Nam-gil now." She responded.

"And tell him to start releasing Taehyung and Seokjin pictures together.

"Yes, Sir."

An hour later, Mr. Kim was already seated with Minister Kim at one of The Pine Restaurant's tables by the windows. Mr. Min came not long after and shook both of their hands with a wide smile. The three of them had met several times before to discuss their plans. But they had an addition to the party today. Somebody new to Minister Kim and Mr. Min.

A little while later, the anticipated guest came: Mr. Park—-Jimin's father. He was the owner of Park Automobile Industry. He showed great interest in this particular meeting after Mr. Kim told him about it.

Today, they just met for the show. For a reporter out there who was purposely invited just to capture this high-profile meeting. As for the real talk, they would have a follow-up confidential meeting at Mr. Kim Ji-Hwan's residence this Saturday night. They also expected a few other acquainted businessmen to also join this alliance later on.

So now, there they were. All chatting and laughing amiably, talking about unimportant random and trivial stuff instead, from Kim Namjoon and Min Hye-rin's upcoming wedding, to their wives who lately befriended each other through Mr. Kim Ji-Hwan's wife. [That being said, Mr. Kim must tell Nam-gil to also release their pictures. The four of them had coffee together last Friday. Their pictures would be a great addition to the gossip].

"Be ready, Gentlemen! We'll start stirring the pot as of now." Mr. Kim Ji-hwan informed them and made a signal regarding a hiding reporter outside. The other three nodded and continued to enjoy their meal as if no storm would happen in just a few hours after that.

*****