Chapter 11: Lab Date

After lunch, Mr. Kim and the boys went back to his office, as he had to inform someone that the boys would visit the laboratory.

"Call Jang Jong-dae." He said when he passed by his secretaries' station before entering his office, with Taehyung and Seokjin tailing behind him.

A beep came soon after in the CEO's room landline phone.

"Sir, Mr. Jang on line two." One of his secretaries said.

"Thank you." Mr. Kim pressed the number and greeted the other man on the phone. "Chief Jang, how are you? Um, Kim Seokjin—-the boy I told you about—-want to take a look around the lab, can you accompany him for me? Yeah, the Minister's son, Tae's boyfriend. Yeah, he's here right now with Taehyung. Yeah... yeah... Thank you! Yeah, sure. Oh yeah, keep Jin's identity secret for now, hm! Yeah, thanks, Chief. Bye!" He ended the call. "You're good to go, Boys!" He looked at the boys and gave them permission to leave.

Seokjin politely said thank you and bowed before he went out.

Meanwhile, Taehyung just waved nonchalantly. "Bye, Dad! Thanks for the lunch."

***

.

The Kim Pharmaceutical Research Laboratory was soooooo amazing! It has the newest and most advanced technologies that every researcher could ever dream of. Sooooo..... fascinating!!!! Sooooo... mind-blowing!!!!

For Seokjin.

For Taehyung, well... He was happy enough to watch Jin's over-excitement expression as Chief Jang explained this and showed him that. Jin's eyes were twinkling, his smile was blooming. When Jin gushed over the latest nano microscope, Taehyung gushed over him. When Jin smiled widely at a new vortex mixer, Taehyung smiled at him. When Jin wow-ed at the ultrasonic processor, Taehyung wow-ed at him.

His new boyfriend! Taehyung chuckled. He was one love-sick puppy. Boyfriend! Jin was all he cared about. The only one he was impressed with. He didn't slightly care for those brand new equipment and high-tech instruments with hard-to-spell-and-hard-to-remember foreign scientific names.

Chief Jang—-the lab manager—-soon enough adored how smart and how knowledgeable Seokjin was. His resume was indeed impressive, but meeting him in person and listening to how bright and intelligent he was, made Chief Jang even more impressed to have this young man on his research team. Jin would surely be a very good addition.

And after more than two hours there, the boys finally ended the visit [to Taehyung's relief] and bid Mr. Jang goodbye.

.

"Can we have a real date now?" Taehyung asked when they were already in his car. Seokjin intertwined their hands and smiled.

"Of course. Where do you wanna go?"

"Hmm... My condo..." He grinned naughtily. Seokjin chuckled.

"For the sake of secrecy, you know. My dad said we have to lay low." Tae added and winked.

"Lay low?! You mean being laid, right?" Seokjin teased back, making his boyfriend grin coyly. His hand caressed Taehyung's hair. "We have to talk a lot about ourselves and our new relationship, Tae. I want to know more about you, too."

"Okay..." Taehyung stared at Jin and melted at his touch.

"Let's talk all night then, hm?"

"What?? Only talk??!!" Taehyung's instant reply made Jin burst out into laughter.

"I'll have to text JK first." He reached out to his phone and ignored Taehyung's question.

"Who's JK? Why do you have to text him?" Taehyung suddenly peppered him with questions and craned his head to peek into Jin's phone screen. "What does he have that I don't?" He asked with a playful grin.

Seokjin giggled. "Muscles! He has a lot of muscles."

"Damn! I lost!"

Seokjin giggled again. "JK is my personal security guard. Besides, don't grow muscles, Tae! I love your baby tummy." He typed something on his phone to Jeon Jungkook.

"Tsk! I date a high-profile boyfriend who has his own personal bodyguard with some muscles." Taehyung muttered.

"I dismissed JK for the day. I'll be in your condo until tomorrow anyway and your condo is in a safe place with a high level of security. So, I don't want JK to stand guard all night in his cramped car." Seokjin put away his phone. "Let's go!" He said, all smiling. "Don't be upset."

Taehyung smiled back. "Let's go!" He genuinely felt so happy today.

***

.

A beep came in on Mr. Kim's landline phone.

"Yes?"

"Sir, Reporter Nam-gil on line four." His secretary informed him.

Mr. Kim Ji-hwan pressed the number and picked up the phone. "Yes? Ah, just keep the pictures for now, we'll need it for later. I still have several assignments for you. Yes. The closest ones are this Saturday. Tail Taehyung and his boyfriend to the tailor at noon, and me to dinner with the Minister in the evening. My secretary will inform you of the details. Yes. Okay, good. Thank you, keep in touch! Bye!" He ended the call.

*****