11. Truth

Y/N POV:
I reached my home safely and called Jimin informing him of the same but he said something which gave me a new confidence and power to face whatever comes ahead. I stood there for some seconds taking a look at those people in front of me. 

I closed my eyes and took a long sigh

I closed my eyes and took a long sigh. Opening my eyes again, I took some steps forward, hearing my footsteps, all their attention came to me.

Eunseo: Look! Who comes into the house?

June: After one week we have a deal and here's the biggest controversy she brings in.

They were all taunting me and I was standing there looking at their faces. Dad wasn't saying anything but he just turned his face away from me. This was the thing I wasn't expecting. I thought he would trust me but...

Hoon: You could just have used a little brain, Y/N.

They were still taunting me and I was just looking at them. Every taunt, every statement was unbearable but I was deaf to them. My mind was dazed and in another dimension. I was just thinking that I won't let anything bad happen to myself.

I just realized one thing today that if something big happens or I'm in any trouble no one's gonna help me, not even dad. Asking Jimin for help was my right decision. 

I know he's here for a mission, something big, he might hurt me but not this much. I know it, I trust him. I nodded to myself. I was about to leave the hall but suddenly mom started taking steps towards me.

I knew what was gonna happen, I closed my eyes taking a long breath. When I opened my eyes, she was standing right in front of me. She picked her hand in air to hit me the moment it was going to touch my skin, I held her hand in air.  

Gasps could be heard. June had her hands in her mouth, everyone's eyes widened. The silence in the hall was too loud for everyone, even me. My dad stood up from the couch and started coming towards me but I stopped him by showing a hand. 

Hoon took a step back and stood aside looking at me. June is still frozen. I maintained eye contact with my mom and spoke

You: I ain't guilty. I'm not at fault, it's company politics and I have proof.

With that I left her hand, she took two steps back. Everyone giving glances to each other. I took my phone out from my pocket and opened the video Jimin sent me. I stretched my hand out and showed them the proof. 

Video was playing and they were all looking like hawks at the screen. After it ended, I put my phone back into my pocket. Hoon just nodded, looking down in shame and went out of the house. 

I took a step ahead and spoke

You: I'm going to my room now, please don't disturb me.

With that I started going towards my room. Tears were forming in my eyes but I stopped them. This is the first time I took a step for myself, I protected myself and for this, I need to thank someone. I was walking but I heard my dad's voice.

Kwang: Y/N I-

You: In these years after your second marriage, this was the first time you made me feel like I'm orphan dad! You never took my side in anything, it's ok. But today... You could just have shown a little trust in me.

He looked at me shocked and broken by my statement. He looked at his feet and I went to my room. Closing my room, I took a deep sigh relaxing myself, my breath wavered. I changed my clothes. 

Keeping my towel in my cupboard I saw the dress Jimin bought for me

Keeping my towel in my cupboard I saw the dress Jimin bought for me. I touched it, don't ask me why, I just did it. Suddenly I remembered that I needed to call him. Laying on my bed I picked my phone and dialed his number.

After some rings he picked up.

Jimin: Hello.
You: Hey.
Jimin: What happened to your voice? Did Eunseo do something? Or Hoon?

My breath wavered again. He cares for me! I even see my emotions through my breath only. I know he won't make me regret my decision. 

You: Thanks, Jimin!
Jimin: Are you OK? Why thanks?
You: The confidence you gave me... I took a stand for myself today. She was about to pick hands on me but I stopped her.

I heard a breath; I couldn't see him but I knew he smiled. I know he's proud of me. I smiled too, thinking all this.

Jimin: I believe in you and I'll support you no matter what.

I didn't reply to this but I smiled. My phone is still on my ear. But then he said something serious.

Jimin: But be careful tomorrow, Y/N. Either the media or people or both, will be outside the building in anger. 
You: I know and I'm really tense thinking about it.
Jimin: Don't worry, I'll be there too.
You: I believe you.

We both kept silent for a few seconds and smiled. Soon he broke the silence

Jimin: Ok then... I'll see you tomorrow.
You: Jimin, I... Nothing.

I was about to say something but I stopped. I didn't want to look desperate in front of him or anyone. I was about to wish good night but he spoke

Jimin: Tell me.
You: Actually I... I... Nothing. Really!

I was feeling awkward. When I didn't speak, i could hear soft giggling sound from him, breathy giggles. Like he was reading my mind and just teasing me.

Jimin: I know babe! I'm coming to pick you up soon. You're mine

My eyes widened and cheeks were red at his last line. I could again hear a giggling sound, after that he hung up. He's really something. He isn't someone he shows, but has a totally different identity.

Keeping my phone on my chest I tried to sleep with his voice "Babe" in my mind. 

***