Chapter 6

Isabella POV:

The dim light in my chamber barely illuminated the tears streaming down my face. Jessica, sat beside me as I recounted the harrowing details of the attack.

"Please don't go, what will I do without you?" Jessica pleaded, her voice quivering, as she clutched both of my hands in hers.

"I have to leave, this will save us all," I responded. Lena cleared her throat.

"Everything is packed, princess, it's time to go," Lena announced, She never called me princess, Was she angry with me? so does she believe that what I did was wrong?

"You did well, my child. You did what you thought to save us. That's what a princess does, she puts her life at stake to save others," Lena said, As she spoke, her eyes seemed on the verge of tears.

"You really are Elizabeth's daughter, sweetheart. I've put a small knife in the bag for your protection." I rushed over to her before she could finish, enveloping her in a firm hug.

"I will be missing you, I will be missing you all," I sobbed into Lena's shoulder.

"We'll miss you too, It's getting late, let's head out," she murmured. With a subtle gesture, she signaled the guards to take off my belongings. I followed her lead, descending the staircase.

As we descended, I didn't want to go, I didn't even know him. However, everyone was referring to him as the "king of beasts." What did it mean?

"Lena," I whispered. "Do you know him, the big man? Who is he?"

Lena gulped before revealing the chilling truth. "He is King Lucian Bella, the one I have told you stories about. The one who shifts into his beast and kills people. All of his men are the same, beasts, the devil for humankind."

I felt a shiver crawl down my spine. King Lucian, the ruthless king whose tales had been woven into the fabric of our collective nightmares. I had always dismissed the stories as mere folklore. The revelation left me stunned, grappling with the realization. How was it possible that everyone claimed he was doomed to a deep sleep?

"Let go," she urged.

As we arrived at the castle's front door, I noticed that my father was standing to the right of King Lucian, who was talking with his guards. He turned to face me as soon as I stepped outside. I looked down out of fear.

if you follow his instructions, everything will work out fine

"Give the bags to the guards, we will leave now," King Lucian declared.

The bags were handed over to the guards who whisked them away to be stowed in the carriage. I couldn't suppress the tears that welled in my eyes, I walked towards my father.

"Father, I hope this is all a lie, but Lena told me everything about him. Is it all true?" I asked, and he nodded.

My father met my gaze, his eyes reflecting a deep well of regret. "Bela, it's all true, it's not a myth or some scary story," he confessed.

Fear seized me as the realization settled, an immortal on Earth. "I will be okay, Father. I'm big now," I attempted to convince myself and him.

Regret etched across his face, my father spoke with a heavy heart. "I'm sorry, Bella. I love you. Be safe. If he does something to you, run from there," he said.

"I love you too, take care," I said.

"Let's go," King Lucian's command.

The carriage stood before me, My father, assisted me into it. I found myself seated in the farthest corner. Lena and Jessica, tear-stained faces etched with sorrow, stood outside. I waved through the window, their figures slowly fading into the distance as the carriage moved.