Chapter 36

Narrators POV:

Isabella's heart raced as she stood beside Lorenzo, her hands trembling with confusion and conflict.

Lucian's sudden attack sent shockwaves through her, his teeth sinking into Lorenzo's flesh like daggers into her own heart.

Isabella's heart raced with confusion as she knelt beside Lorenzo, her hands tending to his wounds. The pain in her body intensified each movement a reminder of her own suffering.

She couldn't understand why she felt compelled to care for him, especially after everything that had happened.

She wanted to turn away, to escape the torment of witnessing Lorenzos suffering, but she found herself rooted to the spot, unable to tear her gaze from him. It was as if her body was betraying her, acting on its own.

When Lucian withdrew his teeth and turned his attention to her, Isabella felt a surge of conflicting emotions wash over her.

His touch was once comforting and familiar. As his tongue traced the contours of her face, memories flooded her mind like a torrential downpour.

But then, like a thunderclap, the memory of Elena's accusation shattered the reverie.

Isabella's eyes widened in realization, her voice trembling as she stopped Lucian in his tracks.

"Hum... humans didn't kill your sister. He did," she blurted out.

When the time was on their side, the moon goddess appeared and revealed the reality of the horror that Lorenzo had caused.

At the height of his rage, Lucian was infuriated by the revelation. His centuries-old rage was only stoked by killing his little sister and now hurting his love.

Lucian's heart thundered in his chest, his love, Isabella, lay beside him, her delicate form wracked with pain, her once vibrant eyes now dulled with suffering.

But it wasn't just her anguish that ignited the flames of fury within him. No, it was the sight of Lorenzo, the man responsible for his sister's untimely demise, responsible for Bellas suffering standing there with an air of indifference. How dare he show his face, how dare he stand there while Isabella suffered?

"You did this," Lucian's voice was low, each word dripping with accusation. "You're the reason my sister is dead."

With a primal roar of anger, Lucian surged forward, his strides purposeful and fueled by raw emotion.

Lorenzo's jaw tightened, but before he could respond, a soft gasp cut through the tense silence.

"Isabella!" Lucian cried out, his anger momentarily forgotten as he rushed to her side. But before he could reach her, Alexander, was there, catching her as she fell.

"Lucian, help me!" Alex's voice was desperate as he cradled Isabella in his arms, her once vibrant face now ashen and drawn.

Lucian froze, torn between the desire to confront Lorenzo and the need to help Isabella. He turned back, his gaze locking with Lorenzo's. At that moment, both men shared the same fear the fear of losing her.

Lorenzo stepped forward, his earlier bravado replaced by raw concern. "We need to get her help," he said, his voice urgent. "Please, Lucian, put aside your anger. Isabella needs us."

As Isabella lay there, her vision blurred and her senses foggy, the only clarity she sought was in the form of Lucian's presence.

Her voice quivered with desperation, tears glistening in her barely opened eyes. "Luc...Lucian pl...please don't leave m...me," she pleaded, her hands reaching out shakily toward him. Her heart raced with fear and confusion.