Screen

Feigned joy, genuine sadness. Happy days are usually the busy ones. Days that are spent with my headphones over my ears, blocking out the world, welcoming thoughts.

The days that go by in a blur, but end too slowly. The night always starts well with the ones whom I love. Their kind words, and comforting presence. But as they leave, I feel their absence, So I long for the cold, welcoming embrace of metal.

Fake smiles, hidden uncertainty. Trust shouldn't be freely given, but I thought she had. The loving gaze, the warm smile. The comforting hand, the soft words.

Her angry gaze, her stern tone. Hands clenched in a fist, words that slice through the heart. She didn't trust me, my words were false to her. I wonder if it would stain.

Silent screams, loud whispers. I shout for help with pleading eyes and yet it doesn't reach their ears. Discredited claims, I quietly submit them to another. The lack of my presence was noticed, and now they wonder why they were not approached. I hope it stains.

Dry eyes, wet skin. Everything's heightened. My pulse is fast, and my heart is pounding. I'm on edge and I can't see anything. It's everywhere.

Blank eyes, hard heart. The urge to hide, never to emerge. To lock them all in a box, unfeeling and gone. I'm in a movie where I'm the lead, watching through a screen. My eyes are unblinking as I'm dragged. It stained.