Chapter 29: Painting

"Riley." he called my attention. "Can I leave you for a while? I just have something to discuss with my group."

I allowed him to go as I gave him a nod and a short figure of curve on my lips.

I'm done with my examination. Justin and I were now sitting on one of the benches across the park of the school since fifteen minutes ago, while waiting on the couple.

I've been feeling the touch of the wind on my skin. Hearing the chirping sound of birds and the oozing air circling the whole place. There are only few whose chatting. Most of them are just lying on the benches, relaxing and giving themselves a peaceful time.

I closed my eyes as I try relaxing myself. I should do this more often. This will serve as my therapy from all.

As I open my eyes, I reach for the watch I'm wearing. It's been almost thirty minutes since he's gone.

Sitting here alone isn't very much of a fun. Yes, I want silent place were I could completely think, but just focusing on one move doesn't sound that great. Maybe I should take a walk?

I started pacing the whole of the school. As I fed up from examining the garden and the busy world of students mesmerizing the relaxing tone of the wind, I decided to walk inside.

I watched the full pack of bulletin boards surrounding the walls of the hall. Even traveled my fingers on each corner of the building.

Until I found myself, stucked in staring at the room beyond the hall. I don't know why it just caught my attention, it's just exactly the same as the other rooms were.

Plain painted door, with big signage on the outside, saying "Arts Room". Maybe it's the reason why? The tag?

I haven't made another painting since that time Grandma died. It's been how many months. I missed my canvas, paintbrushes, and all my paint tools. I just miss doing another piece of work again.

For a second, I touched the doorknob and gyrate it by a slow motion force. It's not locked.

When I finally am inside the room, the beautiful scenery welcomed me. The room is filled with different artworks. The wall is painted beautifully by a wise hand.

You'll be able to ask yourself, how on Earth you just see such beautiful place, at this very point of time? Why not when you first saw the world?

I am amazed by the wonderful place I'm into now. All of a sudden, I forgot all my issues. I forgot the tragedies I've been involved. This place is magnificent. Magical. Enthralling. Hypnotizing.

I found a blank canvas placed on a tall table, beside are the brushes and the rainbow colors of paints. I poured some of each on the palette. I caught up a high stool and started circling each color, making the blank canvas into colorful one.

I decided to make an abstract. My usual artworks. I just found freedom on it, leaving my audiences questions about the meaning of the painting.

I never felt this happy again. I never felt this free again. Free in which no one seems to don't care about what strokes I do to my works. Free of doing what I just love, imagining my world if it wasn't reflected on the reality of me.

"Well, that's a nice abstract. What's about it?" I found Justin on my back, examining my painting.

I stop and let go of the tools which I'm holding earlier. I reach for a rug and clean my hands by the use of it.

"Is it done?" he asked.

I shook my head as response.

"Then, why don't you continue? Don't worry, I'll just watch you doing that. I will never bother you, if that's what you insist." he let his hands on air, he even put up a smile on his face.

I neither answer back nor give him a good response by moving my body back to the chair and continue doing the painting once more. I stand firmly, and give him a sharp look. I just don't want anyone to watch me. It's distracting.

"O-okay. I thought maybe you like my suggestion." he even smirk. I stayed silent which gives him the sign to clear his throat. "Dad and Mom are here. They've been waiting for us." he finally said

He let me lead the way while he follows me.

"Let's go?" Mrs. Madelline spoke as we reach the parking area.

"Where are we heading, Dad?" Justin asked.

I smiled at Mrs. Madelline. She smiled as I pass and reach a comfortable seat on the back side of the car. Justin entered the other door. And Mrs. Madelline climb on the passenger seat and finally, put on her seat belt.

"To a restaurant your Mom and I love so much. We're going to have a lunch date. Do you think of going somewhere else since we'll start our family date, Justin?" he peeked at the front mirror.

"Hmm?" he thought for a while. I watched him as he thinks of a good place. "I guess, we'll have to go on the mall. Riley needs to have painting tools."

I was shocked when he said it. I even felt their wild stares at me.

"She loves painting, Dad. And she's doing paintings with expertise. We should buy her tools. Who knows, she could be the next Picasso of our generation." then he switched look on me, leaving me with a wide grin.