Chapter 8: The Realization (PART 2)

Few days had passed, few weeks, few months. It's getting longer. I'm advancing with my assignment to move on. And right now, I can say I'm already good.

All Souls Day reminisces what happened. But it's also the way where I must let go of things. I'm not saying I'm forgetting my family. Dad, Mom and Josh are my life and that will never change. Or should I have to? They were my life and will always be, but I have a new family now. I just have to be considerate with them.

"How would you like to spend our Christmas?" she inquires during the time we're decorating the tree. First time that I have to spend the yuletide season with my grandparents. I don't know how it's gonna be, but I'll be happy no matter what.

"White? Or maybe red?" I joke. I want to witness some snow during my younger years but today, just... to let things chill?

"I believe we must stick to the usual." blurted by my Grandpa who's sitting relaxed on the newly covered couch while watching an action movie on the signal.

Grandma scowled at him and then just continue on working. She whispers, "Maybe we can deal with that next year."

I smiled.

--

Three days before Christmas. I haven't had any gifts yet for them, maybe I'll consider buying them some. I just don't have some cash. Maybe I could ask at them. Or atleast just promise to give back the money I have to lend. Or... I just send out my paintings away?

I think I'll be much comfortable with the third option.

"Do you want me to help you? I'm good at making some market." Ate Rosa suggested when I asked for her permission to leave the house for the moment. She's the only person I told about my plan. My grandparents were out making a lot of business dealings, especially for this season. And I just don't want to give them a hint about the idea I have.

I held for a glass of water and by the time I swallowed the remaining pinch, I told her, "Thanks, Ate Rosa, but no thanks. I can deal with it."

I took all my paintings and some canvasses, paintbrushes and paint colors and almost on my way to the front door when she smirked at me. "Just don't forget some gift for me, okay?"

I giggled but give up anyway. So I whisper, "Okay."

 --

So where should I stable my stall?

I ended up bringing my works at the park. The whole scenery will make me inspired with the paintings I'm actually interesting to do while waiting for some buyers. This place wasn't enough to bring up customers but I just chose to be here. It's way relaxing and definitely, a good start for my outdoor experience.

I haven't tried painting outdoors, I usually do my works inside my room, by which, makes my paintings entirely a creation of my mind.

"How much is this magnificent work?" an old man asked with a piece of metal he's holding to support him from standing and walking. He's just staring at the painting - which is an abstract one. I can see his eyes glaring at it and no doubt, he's really serious about asking such question.