Chapter 16: Meeting Sir Magno!

"I knew you!" I woke up from a man's voice who sat beside me.

What's wrong with this man? I tried to look at my surrounding and I can glared other seats spaced out, and now he's trying to suit himself on where I've been right now? Doesn't he even notice that? Tss...

I stared at him, raising my eyebrow. Hoping that he could get the point that I'm not into talking to him and that he may leave the seat I occupied so I could give myself more time to sleep.

"Don't you even remember me? The policeman who brought you on the hospital just by last year of summer?" he gave a question and I thought for a while.

Do I even know him? Wait!

Yes, I remember the face. It's been like a year since that accident, many had changed on the features of his face. It's just been one year but why is so, five years was added on his age. He even got some thick mustache now which hides his physical features that I've seen before and as to what I remembered about what he looks. He lose weight as well.

I smaller my eyes at him, examining more about him. "So, how are you, young lady?" he just smiled then sip a drink on his coffee. He even offered me but I just don't take the offer and I just looked at him blankly.

"Hmm..." he soon said while he laid his hand on me and wants a shake. "Senior Inspector Magno Ramirez, nice seeing you again..." he continued while he gave a look at me that he wants my name then.

I stared at his hand for a while which just stayed for like a minute. "Riley Rodriguez." He smiled after that.

"What are you doing on the busy streets then? You even got packs on you? Are you alone? No one's here with you?" he kept on inquiring me. Honestly, I never wanted to entertain his questions at all. I even just wanted to stay him away from me.

I did not give an answer to either of his questions. I just still myself looking straight forward and cover myself with the towel I got. Jeez, why morning's so cold?!

"Anyway, I'm sorry about your family. It's too hard to lose all family members except you just by one accident. I just hope you had better life now with your grandparents?" 

"They just died." I don't know why I just let out the words. But yeah, that's the truth. They left me as well.

I felt his staring gaze at me, questioning. The next thing I know, tears were flooding again.

He, soon then released his eyes on me and gave me some pats and even considered his shoulders so I could lean my head. "I'm sorry."

With those two words, more tears released from me. I don't know where am I able to get those tears away from me. I haven't drinking water since last night. 

"Sir, the other inspectors were already here! Should I call them for you?" distracted by another policeman that is much taller than him. I guess he's some kind of a trainee.

He shook his head and released a big breath. "I just meet them at my office." The policeman then followed at his order.

"I believe you need a drink, Riley. May I offer your stay at our office?" he inquired, preparing himself to stand up.

I fix myself as I wipe those tears earlier. I did not respond. "Believe me, you don't want to ditract other people here." he smiled.

I just nodded and followed him at the quarters. "Jane, please secure Riley on the table. Give her something to eat and drink. I'll just have to get into the meeting for a while." he instructed to what looks like his assistant.

"Yes, sir." she answered and finally head her look towards me. "Let's go?" and I just followed her.

While taking our way to the dining table and like a small kitchen, I'm examining the whole place. I'm just thinking if ever I could have my stay here for tonight. I just need to still fit myself about my condition right now.

She smiled at me once I have my sit already. She collected some food on a single plate and located it infront of me. She, likewise placed a pitcher of water and a glass alongside which she already poured some.

I stared at her and then the food for like a minute until I just grabbed the glass of water and sip all of it. I'm too thirsty.

"So, are you new here? You missed your ride on the bus? Going back to Manila?" more questions again.

I just don't say anything and just busied myself from eating all the food infront of me. Even my mouth is still full of mixed food, I still got the guts to ask her. "Your sir, what is he doing here? I thought he's located in Bulacan, how come he's here in Pangasinan?" I returned her few questions.

She then sat above the table and started filling all the questions I just asked."Sir Magno? He's not really from Bulacan nor here in Pangasinan. He used to be in different places but he's living in Manila together with his wife and son. Actually he just lost his daughter last summer, from a car acc--" she cuts and covered her mouth with both of her hands. "Ooppss! I guess that's too much information. I shouldn't be saying this to you anyway."

More silence came in and I'm almost finished on my food when she rolled her eyes over her watch. She jumped from the table and fix her polo shirt after. "I have to go back to work. Just wait for Sir Magno here, he'll be here for ten more minutes. Bye Riley! Nice spending time with you!" then she just vanished.