Four.

I pushed the speed up on the treadmill, bringing myself up as fast as I could. I wanted to beat that record again. 

My feet pounded on the treadmill as my music was loud through the earphones. I liked this new gym. It was empty. Not a single soul around. Though it was Saturday night. 

Exactly as I'd expected last night, Will left to be with her. He dropped me off home and after 20 minutes had something he'd forgotten to do. Oh he was doing something all right. 

I watched my heart rate going up on the monitor attached to the treadmill and took a few deep breathes. No. He's not wiggling his way into this. A finger that wasn't my own pressed the buttons on the treadmill, slowing it right down so I'd be walking. I looked up as it did and raised an eyebrow as I pulled my headphones down. 

"I did say hi but you couldn't hear me." I stopped the treadmill but stayed stood on it. 

"Hi Sonny." I smiled sweetly between heavy breathes. 

"You were really going for it there." 

"I've got a bet with Mia I can beat her track record." He nodded, still holding a straight face. "What can I do for you then?" 

"I just wanted to check on you. You looked like you were angry." I chuckled. 

"I'm fine. Thanks for checking in though." 

"How's Will?" 

"Didn't you see him last night?" 

"Yeah he was livid I spoke to you then, that's why I'm asking how he is." 

"He said he's throwing balls at you on Monday." 

"Pissed still?" 

"When isn't he?" I sighed and he tilted his head. 

"Trouble in paradise?" I looked at my phone as it buzzed with a face time for him. 

"Shit." 

"What?" 

"He doesn't know I'm here let alone with you." I put my thumb over the camera and answered. 

"Hey-" I stopped talking as I watched the screen. Another butt dial. I swiped down on my screen starting the recording like I'd promised Mia I would. I put myself on mute not wanting him to hear any noise and notice. I didn't want him to know I knew right now. Let him live it this week. Next weekend I was taking him to the ground. This was exactly what I'd been waiting for.

I looked at Sonny, quickly wiping the hot angry tear from my cheek. I don't know why I was crying. I knew it was happening. I'd seen all the texts, the pictures. Everything. 

"What's wrong?" He looked at me and stepped closer, looking over my phone from above "What the fuck?" I nodded and watched as he picked her up, kissing her against the wall as he began pulling her skirt up. 

"And I think that's enough of that." I turned my phone away not wanting to see anymore but I needed the full act on video. 

"Are you okay? You're really calm for someone who's boyfriend is currently fucking another girl." 

"Yeah I'm fine." I grabbed my water bottle from the tread mill and started walking towards the changing rooms. I was going out to that party. I'd be late but I'd be there. I needed a drink right now. 

"Poppy where are you going?" 

"I've just remembered I was invited to a party." 

"I'm going to kill him." I spun and looked Sonny dead in his eyes. 

"Don't. I've known this was happening for 6 weeks. I've been planning for 6 weeks waiting for him to fuck up like this. I get to destroy him. No one else. Do you understand. Not a single word to anyone." 

"Poppy-" 

"No. Emerson. I'm fine. I've got to go." I hung up the facetime call and ended the recording, quickly dialling Amelia's number.  

"Let me come to the party with you. I'll drive you there and back so I know you're safe." I stared at him as I rung Amelia a second time. She best fucking answer. 

"Aren't you one of his boys. Why would I trust you?" 

"Because that isn't right. You guys have been together forever." I rolled my eyes. 

"That's not the fucking least of it either." I sighed. "My god Amelia. Do you not have a phone for a fucking reason? For emergencies." 

"Okay chill out I was busy getting a drink. What's got your nickers in a twist."  I pushed the changing room doors open and walked in, pulling the phone down and sending her the video. 

"Send me the address to that party." 

"You're coming?" 

"Yes. I need a drink." I could barely hear her over the music 

"What's this video you've sent me Pops." I could hear the concern in her voice. 

"That start of Will's demise." I hung up the phone and quickly pulled my things from the locker, stuffing them into my bag and marching back into the gym. 

"Poppy-" 

"Fine you can drive me but I have to go home first and I drove here so You'll have to follow me. And I need to get changed." He nodded. 

"Take a deep breath Poppy. You can't drive like this." He put his hands on my shoulders and I looked up at him. I took in a deep breath. I knew he was right. I was shaking like a leaf and I needed to calm down. He couldn't know I knew. Not yet. When he calls tomorrow I'll say I'm super busy with essays and I'm heading out with Mia and her brother for food. He respects her brother. More than he does me anyway. 

"Okay I'm good." 

"You sure?" 

"I have to be. He can't see me angry. Not until Saturday." I shook my hands and took a step backwards taking another deep breath. "Then his precious little world gets wiped out from under him and everyone sees how fucked in the head he is." 

"Jesus. What did he do to you?" I looked up at him and smiled sweetly. 

"You'll have to wait for the show. I'm pretty sure you'll see it all for yourself."