Chapter 13: A Change Of Mind

Rani and Kion nuzzled. "I'm so happy for you guys! I can't wait for the cubs!" Avivit squeaked. "Avivit, we just became mates," Kion replied. Avivit shrugged, and Zaki laughed.

Kion and Rani layed down. They fell asleep. Kion had a dream.

Kion's Dream:

"Kion come back to us! We miss you!" Nala asked. Kion turned in his sleep. "You don't belong there Kion, you belong in the Pridelands," Simba said. Kion groaned. "We need you Kion, you're our leader!" Bunga shouted. Kion tensed. "We need you Kion....."

Kion jolted awake. Rani was still sleeping beside him. Kion layed his head back down and thought, "I want to go back, but I have friends here. But I also have friends in the Pridelands," Kion held his head.

"Kion?" Rani opened her eyes, "Hey what's wrong?" Rani nuzzled him. "Rani I, I'm going back to the Pridelands."

Rani's eye's opened wide in shock, "But..why!" "I belong there," Kion sighed. "And what about me? I don't want to live on land anymore, I-I can't live on land," Rani replied.

"Why Rani, I killed Ciaran, your safe," Kion explained. "No Kion, the ocean is my home," Rani looked at uom, tears in her eyes.

"I can't stay here Rani," Kion looked away. "What about Zaki, or Anshul, Aridam, Zale, Agnar, and Keir? What about Avivit, Auriel, Izel, Eria, and Aster. What about me?" Rani started to cry.

"I'm sorry Rani, but I miss my family. Why don't you just come with me!" Kion asked. "I told you, I don't like land. I live in the ocean forever," Rani growled.

Kion sighed. "Guess that was the shortest relationship ever, a whopping 2 hours!" Rani growled. "I can't let my family and friends think im dead," Kion replied.

"Fine go to your stupid family, What do I care," Rani snapped. She walked away.