Chapter 18: Time Together

Rani sat at the edge if the iceberg, looking at the dark blue water. Kion sat beside her.

"You ok?" Kion asked. "More than ok," Rani smiled and hugged him.

Rani groaned. "What's wrong?" Kion asked. "Just a kick," Rani replied. "Can I feel?" Kion asked. Rani nodded. Kion put his paw to her stomach.

Kion felt the cub kick at Rani's stomach, "Woah!" Rani chuckled.

"Do you know how many cubs there are?" Rani asked. "No," Kion replied. "Feel again. Instead of feeling for a kick, feel for a cub," Rani said.

Kion felt Rani's stomach again. "I'm going to guess two," Kion said. "You got it!" Rani smiled.

"Really?" Kion asked. Rani kissed him, "Really."

"At least it's not three," Kikn chuckled. "What's wrong with three?" Rani asked. "To much work," Kion replied. Rani giggled.

"Kion," Rani asked. Kion looked at her. "You know, we didn't have to come. We could have stayed with your family," Rani replied.

"Rani, your happy on the ocean. I can't take away your happiness," Kion explained. Rani licked his cheek, "I love you." "I love you too," Kion smiled.

Rani and Kion layed down, watching the sunset. Rani leaned against Kion and purred. Kion nuzzled her. Rani's eye's closed, and she fell asleep.