summer vacation pt.2

3rd person pov:

The petite girl slowly sunk into the water, her vision fading away quickly. Before she completely lost consciousness she heard a splash and felt the water move around her. Then it all went black for the poor girl. Meanwhile Enid was crying gathering everything from the beach, Wednesday silently helping get everything back in the car. Xavier was the most worried. He dove right in after her and grabbed the small girl by the waist, pulling her above water as quickly as possible. Her eyes were shut, and she wasn't breathing. He dragged her onto the beach as fast as he could and began CPR in attempts to save the life of the girl he loved.

"Cmon y/n come back to me please." He muttered, feeling for a pulse. It was getting stronger. With a few more chest compressions she sprung up and coughed out a crap ton of water. Xavier pulled her in for a hug, muttering sweet things in her ear as tears streamed down her face.

"I'm sorry, I should've told you-" She started, feeling guilty about keeping it a secret for that long and making her friends worry so much.

"I'ts alright, you're safe now." He whispered gently. Rubbing her back in slow circles while she took deep breathes. Enid and Wednesday had come back from the car, phones in hand asking desperately if they needed to call 911 but stopped short when they saw Xavier and y/n sitting on the beach in each other's arms.

"We don't have to swim again now if you don't want to." Xavier said with a light smile, trying to lighten the mood. Soon my parents were rushing towards us and thanking Xavier and wrapping me in towels.

"Mom, dad I'm okay I promise!" I said through a laugh, still traumatized but now just ready for them to leave me alone.

And the whole ride home, Xavier held me close to him, causing a small smile to creep onto my face.