Chapter 22

Pete

I was speechless.

I couldn't utter a single word. I don't even know what to react after everything that he said.

I wasn't expecting that at all. I never knew—No, scratch that. I didn't even have the slightest idea that this man right here, beside me...has been secretly loving me for five years? And within those times...he keeps proving himself to Khuno just so he can prove him he's worthy enough to be with me.

I didn't know someone out there...was actually doing such thing for me.

Who am I even? I'm just me. There's nothing special with someone like me. To be honest, he don't have to do anything to prove himself. Because if I were to think about everything right now, it's me who doesn't deserve him and not the other way around.

To have someone love you from a far for a long time, him doing everything just to prove that he's worth it to be with you... Now I suddenly feel so special even tho I know I'm not.

"Pete...? Say something please? I'm so nervous here.. don't go silent on me." Vegas said when after he confessed everything I still remained quite. And that's because I don't know what to say! I can't even open my mouth to speak a single thing!

"I.. I don't know what to say..." I muttered before pulling my body off the bed.

I sat on the soft mattress with my legs cross and Vegas followed after. We are facing each other and I can see nervousness in his eyes.

I tried my best not to laugh. Because I still can't believe I'm actually seeing him all nervous in front of me.

Yes I've seen him fight before, a lot of times. I saw him being aimed with a gun right in his forehead but I never even saw him blink an eye.

But now... He's really anxious to know about my answer.

"Ummm—"

"I-it's fine if you can't like me yet." Khun Vegas said cutting my words off. He then averted his gaze from me, trying to hide his embarrassment from confessing his feelings. "I'll... I'll wait for your answer." He then turned to look at me before holding my hands. I can feel his own hands shaking and cold. Damn! Is he this worried I might not reciprocate his feelings?

Why do I find it... Cute?

I can't believe Khun Vegas getting all jittery in front of me.

"Promise I can wait." He swore and even lifted his right hand in panic.

To tease him even more, I arched my eyebrow before giving him a challenging look. "Can you, really?"

Khun Vegas nodded his head enthusiastically. "I've already waited for you for about five years. If liking me would take you forever then I'm willing to wait again."

I can feel the sincerity of his voice and just by looking at his face, I know he's really serious about his confession. I know he's serious about me but I don't know why I wanted to tease him so much.

"But what if I won't like you at all?" I asked again.

I saw how Khun Vegas' face turned pale. He literally stopped moving and ended up not uttering a single word. The nervousness that I've seen in his face earlier was now replaced with a terrified expression.

He opened his mouth and I immediately knew he have something to say but couldn't bring himself to speak a single thing.

I wanna tease him even more. I wanna see his troubled expression and I wanna see more of his cute little gestures of panic. But no matter how much I wanna provoke him more, I don't want to make his sufferings any longer.