Chapter 27

3rd person

"Hello? Who's this?" Kim asked the moment he answered an anonymous phone call. He was about to leave the house and spend his day at the nearest mall just so he can get away from Tankhun annoying the shit out of him early in the fucking morning. His older brother has been fussing around the house because of Pete.

He would boss everyone around. He would ask his bodyguards to do this and that while he and Pete watch a series together saying Pete needs some unwinding today. He actually don't understand him at all. But he do noticed something changed in Pete after leaving the minor clan's mansion.

Something's definitely off with his brother's favorite bodyguard, no wonder Tankhun is so extra fussy today.

[Hia Kim, it's me, Macau!] The other line replied making Kim's eyebrows furrowed. Why is his cousin suddenly calling him out of the blue?

"Hey..what happened? Something wrong?" Kim asked.

He knew from Kinn yesterday that the reason why Pete is now back in working for the major clan again is because his uncle Kan finally went back after years of abandoning his sons.

Kim is not naive at how his uncle treats Vegas and Macau before. That's why he suddenly worries that he did something to Macau.

But that's weird..if my hint is true, then where is Vegas? I'm pretty sure he won't let his father do anything to Macau.

[Hia, we need your help!]

Kim's eyebrows creased even more after noticing Macau's voice answering him in a whispering manner. It's as if he's hiding from someone or at least he's avoiding to be heard by someone.

The hell is happening again? Was their dad have something to do with this?

"What do you mean? Where are you?" Kim asked in a worried tone.

He heard a subtle noises from the other line and Kim's anxiousness from not getting an immediate response from Macau keeps growing as time goes by. But he have to calm himself. Macau said he needs his help. Macau barely ask anything from him and when he does, then it only means one thing.

The last time he asked help from him was to beg him to save Vegas because his father asked their bodyguards to beat his brother for loosing his first spot as the dean's lister. His uncle hates it whenever Vegas would lose against Kinn. That old man is such a cruel person. He won't even spare his own sons.

[Pa locked up Hia Vegas!] Macau finally responded and Kim couldn't help but mess his hair in frustration. And his hunch was right. His uncle really did something.

That old hag.

Kim immediately ran back inside the house to grab his car key.

He originally plan to ask one of their bodyguards—maybe Porsche—to drive him all the way to the mall but since Macau called him asking for help, Kim decided to just drive himself personally. He also wants to pick up Macau wherever he is right now.

"Are you home?" Kim asked while rushing towards the garage.

[Yes Hia. I'm with Venice.]

Kim was about to open his car door when he heard the unfamiliar name that Macau just blurted out.

"Who?" Kim asked, confused.

[Oh! Sorry hia. It's a long story. I'll just tell you some other time. But can you please ask uncle Korn or maybe hia Khun to help my brother? He'd been inside his room for a day now. I'm afraid something might happen to him! He didn't eat anything since last night.] Macau said sounding so worried.