CHAPTER SIX

Haley's house was always empty, so empty that if you ignore her bright energy, you would consider her home as abandoned. However, I couldn't say that - her house was always so clean, so well organised and her room was even more lively. Without the personality in the house, I wouldn't know what to do in it. I loved her room, her beautiful beach wallpaper with tall palm trees and yellow sand made her room feel more childish, it didn't fit her personality and I loved it, it shows that she was still a kid at heart. My head was resting on a cushion on the floor, I longingly stared at the ceiling. Haley had been teaching me about Yoba's story for a few hours now and I've been excited for it. I really wanted to get the part of the pretty embodiment of the Stardrop fruit, Haley was planning to be the narrator. It's Friday, a great day - my favourite day. It's just the day before the weekend and two days before Sunday, I always hated Sunday, way more than Sebastian.

Sebastian...

Fuck, he hasn't been off my head since last night. I deserved this, for giving in so easily to receive his touch. I haven't told anyone about what happened, when I came home at 10PM, grandpa was already in bed and it left me wondering if he tried to wait for me or that he was suspicious of what happened. I deserved this heaving feeling, I couldn't rant to anyone about this - and, I need to be careful the next time I speak about him. Even when I told myself I do not want him— I do not need him or crave for him, I still sobbed for the feeling.

I've been kissed but not like that. Not when hate suffocated around my body whenever our tongues moved in sync with our hungry bodies. His graze against my ribs and side was so ticklish, his lips weren't as plumped as mine but they fitted so well. Fuck, fuck, fuck. Even the way he smiled when I groaned into the kiss made me hungry. I don't need him, I said to myself. Yet, I'm still thinking about that night. What did he feel about my kiss? Did he think I was bad? I wouldn't want that and I hoped he hadn't told anyone.

I left Haley's house earlier than needed. I didn't want to go home, not when my bed was my enemy. I guess thinking about him made my night feel a little better. I hadn't seen Shane since the party and that night, I didn't crave his touch after. Surely it was because I got distracted by Sebastian but how did Sebastian make me crave so much just over the kiss. I decided to go the long way home and maybe I could buy an audiobook on Vaudible. I didn't know how much free time I had when I'm not running to the library every day, it felt like the hours went by like years as I walked around the bottom part of the valley. I watched the cows and such in Marnie's ranch walking around without a thought in their mind. I wish I was them right now, not needing them to worry about complicated situations and stay focused on how much hay I will eat. I watched just for a couple minutes before the front door of the residence opened.

Shane.

I feel like whenever I talk about someone, God— or Yoba curses me to see them again.

Shane had recognised me so quickly, I haven't seen him once since the party. I nodded at him as he walked towards my direction. My body twisted for him, letting my outfit express my curves more. He was still so attractive when sober. He had his harsh eyes stuck onto me and I could've sworn I caught him flickering down to my hips. I can't blame him, I wore short shorts today. It rested on my hips and exposed my midriff. Today, there were no chores that needed to be done since I already finished them in the morning, therefore, I stayed risky. For the past few months, I've been wearing nothing but long skirts, crop tops and cardigans. I felt like I needed to express myself every once in a while however, I did feel like I lost my sense of the city girl style.

Very short denim shorts that pinched my thighs harshly, thigh high black socks and a tight turtleneck sweater that barely went past my belly button. My wavy hair was very tamed today, letting it frame my face with my harsh high cheekbones and circular face shape.