CHAPTER THIRTEEN

It's Wednesday and I am still thinking about Sebastian... I'm pretty sure I was subconsciously thinking about him when I was sleeping. I thought about him in the shower. I thought about him when I was getting ready for school. I thought about him when I was packing my lunch. He was haunting me in the worst way possible. I know it wasn't anything but an assumption but, I really thought we had some tension building up last night. The idea of him doing all that just to distract me sounded far too fetched but also understandable. The reason was because we had no common ground on anything, how was I supposed to know if he really felt a connection there? What if he made that arrangement to shut me up?

I said my quick greeting to Robin who has been fixing the front porch. When I was doing my chores yesterday, I saw her taking measurements for the house. I gave her a spare key before leaving for school.

Sebastian was in my head more than usual. That photo from last night was denting my memory. Too bad I couldn't look at it again since I cleared the chat but it was still imprinted in my brain. No—What if he sent me that to distract me? He didn't need to send me that. But, he did anyway. In an odd way, I was hurting. Hurting in a way that made me pissed. He could've lied about his thoughts and made me vulnerable to make him do what he wanted. What am I going to do?

Normally, I love the attention. I enjoy the feeling of getting watched every second of the day with awed faces and care. But, today was different—And maybe it's because I haven't socialised with anyone in a week -Sebastian wasn't worth being called an "anyone"- but, it was strange. Even Mr Thompson stared at me, only for a split second before he told me to wait outside. I was already at my seat and the fact that I had to travel back to the cold hallway made my blood boil. The many pairs of eyes were killing me and I was starting to feel a little too overwhelmed by it. I flickered around the front of the room, my classmates turning their heads to me, completely unaware how nosy they were being. I was too embarrassed, the room was silent and if I turned behind me, I would've seen more faces and probably started panicking. I pinched my lips before placing my bag onto the table and stormed out the classroom.

Fear built up around me as I imagined myself going back to the classroom and having those eyes back on me again. I paced back and forth from the door to the wall and once I calmed down, I leaned against the wall beside the door. That's when the classroom door creaks open. I already saw some people standing up to see what was happening before Mr Thompson put a door stopper, clarifying that it was so "the students wouldn't get distracted". Ironic, isn't it? I saw students already poking their heads out. I didn't even bother to look if Sebastian was interested—let alone Haley and Alex.

Mr Thompson stood against the other side of the door frame, his hands in his pockets as he finally said, "I'm really disappointed in you, Buffy."

I instantly furrowed my eyebrows and squinted my eyes. He didn't even think to speak in a lower volume. In the corner of my eyes, I sensed people turning at each other at the volume. I nearly scoffed as I replied to him, "What?"

I didn't inform the school I was going to be absent last week. I didn't think I needed to as a big incident that happened in the middle of the town square would've caused a big talk. I blamed myself for being an asshole many times but this was justified.

Mr Thompson takes out all the air from his lungs and out his nose like a sigh. Then, he tried to sympathise me—and I almost laughed, "I know you're going through a rough time—"

No, I did laugh. Scoffing and shrugging. I quickly glanced at the classroom and then snorted, "I'm not talking about this in front of twenty people."

Mr Thompson closed his eyes and grunted, "Do not talk back to me."