1.Her

Amelia Thompson ☝

Amelia's POV

" Are you sure that I will get this job? " I asked my best friend Emily before sending my confirmation mail.

New York ..
How do people discribe this city ?
A city with Beautiful skyline,
Exclusive Shops,
Tall business buildings,
Expensive Penthouses,
Busy traffic.
But to me it's my second home.

Myself, Amelia Thompson - A finance graduate currently looking for a job. Though I have good grades and qualifications, life has been really hard by paying bills and rents with no permanent job.
_________
Earlier:

"Ms. Campbell.. You have to pay your rent as early as possible" Mr.John came home to remind me about my dues.

" I know. Just give me a couple more days, So that I can.. " I managed myself to speak but once again he intrupted me.

"If you don't pay by the end of next week, I'd be forced to start the foreclosure process on your house." He left. It's been really tough to survive in New York without a decent job.
________

Previously I worked in a renowned company, but got fired because I reported someone against sexual harrasment who happened to be my Boss. It became quite a scandal when his mom claimed that I have been trying to seduce his son for money. Things got ugly when the management took actions against me without proper investigation.

After that, I'm working in few part time jobs for my survival. It was Emily, who notified me about a job vacancy for an Accountant postion in her company.

AiMat Incorp - One of most famous multi national company which deals with gaming technology. She has been working there in marketing department for past one year.She always sing praises about her company and it's handsome billionaire CEO. I have heard a little about him. Aiden Mathew, being a successful CEO at his young age. He even got himself a place in Forbes list.

" Don't worry Mia, you will get the job. Let's order something for dinner! " Emily said.

" Sure, What movie you wanna watch today ? " I asked her. It was Saturday night but for us it's always been a movie night.

" I wanna watch Turning Red " she yelled from kitchen.

" The animation movie ? " I asked her to confirm. She usually prefers horror movies.

" Yup ! " She said loudly while entering the room with a pop corn tub.

" Fine.. uhmm .. What happened to your horror movies? " I asked her out of curiosity.

" Nothing .. I'm so tired because of work and Tonight, I wish to have a peaceful sleep." she said dramatically.

" Oh.. It's a work day? " I asked her. Then that means, I have to sacrifice my weekend if I want to work for such a big company ? Most of the companies give employees day off for weekends, so that they can spend time with family and friends.

" Emily ? " I called her.

" Oh.. Don't be scared. Our company doesn't work on weekends. Boss is returning back from his business trip on Monday. Our department had few pending works which had to be completed before his arrival. No one likes to meet the devil on Monday morning right ? " She said with a smile.

" Devil? " I asked him. She just gave me a nod while still watching the movie. I just stared at her for few seconds.

" Don't stare at me like that. I know what you are thinking. I have praised him a lot and that's not a lie, Mr Mathews may have Greek god looks and charming smile, but no one dares to mess with him when it comes to business. He expects perfection in everything. He is a man of few words and also famous for firing people. " she said while stuffing her mouth with pop corn.

' Don't cross his path ' I mentally made a note to myself.

Soon the movie came to an end and Emily decided to stay at my place. We both had our dinner, soon we fell asleep.

Sunday Afternoon..

" Mom, don't worry. I'm going to get the job. Everything is fine here. " I said to my mom over phone.

" Ok dear. Take care of yourself. If possible come home for a weekend. Town's Barbeque dinner is coming soon. Bring Emily with you. We miss you. Bye." She said.

Emily left in the morning after having breakfast. We are childhood friends. Emily's mom passed away when she was young. After that she spent most of her time in my home as her father travels a lot for business. Soon she became one in our family. My parents love her.

Phone rings ...

" Hello"

" Hello, Good Evening ! May I speak to Miss.Thompson ? " I heard a
Female voice.

" Yes. This is she. "

" I'm Daisy Darwin from AiMat Incorp. We have received your application for a job position as an Accountant. This call is to inform you that you have an interview on Monday morning by 9:00am. Can I confirm your presence? " She asked me.

" Yes mam, I'll be there by that time. Thank you for calling. " I answered her immediately. I have been waiting for this call from morning.

" Be sure to be on time and have a wonderful evening. " She said and it ended from her side.

I shared the news with my mom and Emily. They were very happy. Soon, I chose the dress I need to wear for tommorow and set my alarm for 6:00am. I checked it twice before going for my bed, so that I won't miss it.
Tommorow is gonna be a big day for me and I'm determined to get the job.
==================================

That's my 1st chapter
Hope you liked it..
Please Vote, Comment and Share.