8.She Said Yes

Asher's POV

" We are here Sir " Paul informed me as he parked the car in front of a hotel. I soon checked-in, refreshed myself and left the room to meet Mia. But the only problem was I couldn't reach her number, my instincts said that she already knew about my presence in the town.

Thinking about the ways to contact her, I bumped into someone. I look to apologise, only to be met with a guy in his early 50's. He had a familiar resemblance of someone.

"I'm sorry Sir !" I apologized

He looked at me with shock.

"Oh my God!! I'm sorry Mr.Mathews." he apologized immediately. I looked at him with confusion.I'm a private person so mostly I maintain that privacy and that's why my PR works their best to remove rumors or scandals, photos regarding me as early as possible. I'm actually impressed by how he recognized me as I never give permission to print my photos in public newspapers even if it's regarding the success story of my company.

"Uhm.. It's Okay? " I said uncertainly

" No.. Forgive my clumsiness. I'm surprised to see you here. Welcome to Hudson." he spoke with a gentle smile.

"Thank you.. Sir."

"Oh, I'm sorry. People call me Theo. Recently I read an article about your new game development and your collaboration with chinese markets on US Business life magazine and that's how I recognised you." That made sense, because only people in the business world read those magazines as everyone there knows me as the future heir of the mathew groups.

I thanked him and informed him about my purpose of visit as I'm looking for someone important.I know,I generally don't share things personal to my life but here I was desperate to get a local help as this was a small town.In return he invited me for a barbecue dinner at his house.

" Oh sorry Mr.Theo I .. I can't intrude. "

" Come on Mr.Mathews, It's a big dinner arranged on behalf of all families around here.Its a best way you get to meet people of the town despite of age. Who knows, you can even meet the person you are looking for." he said with a smile.

Town's Thanksgiving dinner reminded me about something Ms. Campbell said.Mia is here to attend this dinner with her family. His words gave a little hope in me so I accepted his offer and headed towards his home.

" Honey! Look whom I met today!" he yelled while entering inside the house.Then my eyes met a girl with black eyes. She looked at me with the same confusion I had.

" Mia ?"

" Mia? You know him ? " I heard it from someone beside her.

" That's A-Aiden Mathews. " she whispered.

" That's Amelia's Boyfriend Aiden " a girl with red hair yelled.

" Boyfriend ? " I asked Mia. A small smile formed on my face.

There was absolute silence among the people around us. From the corner of my eyes, I could see Mr. Theo staring at us for answers.

To make things easier, I spoke first.

" God !! I missed you baby girl "

She became stiff when I called her by that name. She was about to yell at me but soon regained her composure.

She came close to me and said " What a pleasant surprise Aiden, I .. I never expected you to be here " she gave me a peck on my cheeks. That was unexpected!

" I wanted to surprise you. So SURPRISE !! " I hugged her.

*Cough*

We broke our hug and looked around.