3.Job Interview

Amelia's POV

" You gotta be kidding me! " I exclaimed looking frustrated at the crowd of reporters gathered in front of the office entrance.

I noticed one of the reporters who was broadcasting the situation live.

" As you can see.. We are here in front of AiMat Incorp. The CEO Mr. Mathews has already given his statement regarding this issue. Now let's wait for Miss. Tina who will disclose us with more information."

I looked around to find a way to enter inside.

" Hey, I'm here for an interview. Which way should I go ? " I asked a security who was blocking the main entrance.

" Do you have your call letter? " He asked me.

" Yup." I replied to him by showing the mail I received from the HR department.

" Ok mam. Use the side gate." He said while showing me the direction.

I steered my way through rest of the employees who had decided to enter the office using the same gate and reached the lobby. The reception area was elegant. I saw a lot of people moving around actively.

" Hi, How may I help you? " A pretty girl who was in the infront desk asked me cheerfully.

" Hi. I'm Amelia Thompson. I'm here for an interview, an accountant position" I replied her with a smile.

" Oh.. Just a moment please." she said while verifying for details on her computer screen.

" Thank you for waiting. The interview takes place in 24th floor, Conference Room no 5. You can use the elevator on the right side of the lobby. And best of luck " she said again with a smile.

" Thank you " I responded to her and moved towards the elevator.

Ping ... A new Message. It was from Emily.

Em: Hey Mia. Where are you?

Hey I'm on my way to 24th floor

Em: ok.. See you near the elevator entrance.

Ok sure 😊

There were four elevators on the right side of the lobby. I stood infront of the least crowded one. I glanced around and noticed people either scrolling through their phones or chatting along with their co- workers.

' It's going take a while ' I thought.

Sighing, I took my earbuds from my bag, plugged it into my ears and played my favourite song just to ignore the chattering crowd around me.

Soon the elevator reached down and the doors opened infront of me. I got inside and turned around only to meet a beautiful pair of dark brown eyes giving me a cold stare.

' Who is he? why the hell is he giving me long ,cold stare. And where are the others ? ' I thought for a second.

" Aren't you getting in? " I asked him. He just gave me a nod and then I noticed another man tagging along with him. Soon they both entered, and the doors closed. I pressed my floor button and moved aside making way for them to choose their floors. The second fellow came forward and pressed 50th floor.

" Kane.. Set the meeting hall no 3 ready. Inform everyone that we will meet them in 20 minutes " The first one spoke while the other one gave him a nod.

" Are you new here Miss? " I looked at the person who questioned me. It was Kane. I could see curiosity in his eyes.

" Yeah. I'm here for an interview. " I replied him and gave a gentle smile to both men.

Kane gave me a nod with a small smile while the other one once again stared at me with a blank expression on his face.

' Rude ' my mind mocked.

I turned again facing the doors but still felt a pair of eyes watching at me.

Once it reached the 24th floor, elevator bell dinged and its doors opened. Standing on the other side entrance was Emily.

" Hey Miaaaaaa... " She grinned.

" What took you so long tooo.. " her smile fell and her jaw fell to the floor as she looked at the men beside me.

" This is my floor. Good day gentlemen." I wished both of them once again with a smile and walked out of the elevator.

When I heard the elevator doors closing sound, I let out my breath which I was holding for a while.

" Miaaaa ! What the fuck happened? Are you okay ? " She screamed.

" I'm fine. Why are you looking so tensed?" I asked her.

Emily Campbell ☝️

Emily Campbell ☝️

" That's Mr.Aiden Freaking Mathews and his hot Assistant Mr Kane Rogers!!" She exclaimed.

" Oh.. That explains everything " I said myself. We both reached the Conference Room No 5, there were other candidates waiting before me. I gave my details and took a seat next to a girl outside the room. Emily left, after a while.

An hour later...
I heard my name being called. I stood up and walked towards the door. When I was about to open it, someone grabbed my hand. I turned around to see Mr. Aiden Mathews.

" W-What are you doing Sir? " I asked him.

" Come with me and Do not speak a word." He said sternly while dragging me along with him.

Soon we both stood before a door which was a few rooms away from the interview room. He closed his eyes for a second, while still holding my hands tightly, he murmured something under his breath.

" Let's get in " he said and opened the doors. I looked around and saw a group of old men sitting in front of us. I noticed a familiar face among them.

" Kane? " I whispered. He looked at me with amusement in his eyes.

"Gentlemen!! Please meet my fiance" he said while pulling me closer to him.

I looked at him with confusion and shock while he looked back at me with a gentle smile.

'Wtf ?'

The quiet room was now filled with little murmurs.

" We are getting married in 3 months. So I guess now I should focus on my big day rather than concentrating on the rumours around." he spoke again breaking their murmurs. I stood there like a frozen statue. I couldn't understand a single thing happening in that room.

" Do you think, you can fool us by bringing a random girl and introducing her as your fiance?" An old man stood up and yelled at him which definitely made him go stiff.

He just let out a chuckle and turned towards me. He put his hand around my waist and pulled me closer to him. His colonge smell hit me hard and his touch gave me shivers down my spine.

" Mia, Let's prove them that you are mine and this is real."

Before I could process what he said, he crashed his lips on mine.
___________________________________________
That's my Chapter 3
Vote, Comment and Share ❤️