15.Club n Drinks

Amelia's POV:

After yesterday's drama, Aiden dropped me home. He was thankful for my appearance and also stated that his family looks quite convinced with our lies.He also explained to me about Mr. Kingston's contract with the company. He never questioned my attitude towards Kingston's family as I could tell he already knew something about the scandal and doesn't give a shit about it.

Emily came to meet me today because she missed me so much. But I know that's not the case. She loves gossip, specifically about her best friend's new life.

"Wow.. So he didn't say anything about Jack? " She asked me while sipping her coffee.

"Nope. He had that small smile plastered to his face the whole time." Yes that was true. He never got angry or irritated by the way I treated them. Instead he looked a bit amused.And surprisingly, I felt relaxed with him.

" That's relieving. Mr. Mathews has his own good and bad sides. Unfortunately we see his darker side a lot rather than his smiling face. Lucky you"Emily's voice brought me back from yesterday's events.

"So what are you gonna do now?" She asked me.

"I don't know. Actually I'm moving in with him. Tomorrow."

"Well.. That's a lot of info." She dragged. I know she is cooking up some plan in her mind whenever she does that.

"I know what we have to do now. Its Friday. And I know you are basically a slave to him now." She had a playful grin.

"That's great. That makes me feel so much better. Thanks Em." I snorted.

"We are going out tonight. Cheers bitch!" She declared. I almost, I mean almost wanted to say no to that.But then I thought, I should definitely enjoy this one night of freedom.

******************************
In the evening,we parked the car and walked towards the club entrance.

"The line is so long. It's not too late to go back home." I once again tried to convince her.

"No.absolutely not. You wait here. Let me work the magic" With that said she vanished inside the crowd.

After few minutes she came back with a victory smile on her face.
"Come, I got the passes" She literally dragged me inside the club. She said she has a friend who works here as a part timer and he gave her the VIP passes which they get once in a while as complementary.

As we moved inside, the music was blasting and the club was packed with people.

"Are you sure, this is a good idea?" I asked her.

"Come on Mia. We got to skip the line and even have VIP passes. Now enjoy. Let's get some drinks and we will go to the dance floor. That's it." She was eager to get wasted.

We did some shots and my eyes wandered around the club's interior. I could admit that the club was a high profile one and something caught me. A group of people were upstairs and they were inside a designed translucent cabins.

"What is that section?" I asked her.
She looked up and said that those are VVIP sections and opened only for celebrities and rich people. We ordered another round of shots and I could already feel my vision getting hazy.

Soon we both joined the dance floor and enjoyed a few songs and again returned back to the bar. I ordered a glass of water and gulped it to sober up.
My eyes again wandered around as it began to bore. I felt like someone watching me for a long time. My eyes once again looked up at the sophisticated cabins but before I could take my eyes, a pair of familiar brown eyes caught my attention. The eyes were cold and void of emotions but still I couldn't look away. My eyes focused away from the brown eyes to the owner's face.

A gasp escaped from my mouth at the sight of the attractive man who stood away from me.I could clearly see a smirk on his face and soon realization struck. It was Aiden.

"We need to leave, now." I informed Emily while dragging her away from the dance floor.

"Why? What happened?" She asked me as she walked calmly towards the bar.

"He is here. Aiden is here. I just now saw him standing... t-there.. Where is he? " I pointed my index finger towards upstairs. But it was empty.

"Come on babe. You need a drink" Emily ordered for few more shorts, while I just stared at the empty area.

"Looking for someone?" A husky voice behind me made me to jump from my place. I turned around only to meet Aiden.

"Hi.. "It left from my mouth, more like a whisper.

"Kane, Drop Ms. Campbell home safely." Only then I noticed Kane who stood beside him. He carried half drunk Emily along with him.

"Don't worry, She is in safer hands. Come let's go" With that he tried to take my hands.

"No I'm good. I can take a uber." I tried my best to avoid the awkwardness.

"No Mia. You are coming with me." He dragged me along with him as we walked towards the exit of the club. We got inside his car and the entire ride was quiet. We exchanged a few looks but no words were exchanged between us. Soon the car stopped before my house.

" I will send a car tomorrow to pick you up. " He spoke as we both stayed inside the car.

"Right.I haven't completed my packing." I replied and once again a complete silence.

"I don't wanna give you an excuse but I feel a little tired of all these lies."I blurted out. But that was the truth, though I could feel some spark between us that doesn't mean we gonna end up together. And thinking about the lies we both say to make our families happy, I'm scared to face them once the truth gets exposed.

"I see.. " He let out a small breath.

" But thank you Mia for accepting this job. I know it's asking for a lot. But this is extremely important for me. We need to make this believable." He turned towards me.

I just shrugged and said
"Isn't what I'm paid for? Right?"

"Hmm.. I don't want any complications."

"Sure.You won't.Thanks for the ride.I'll see you tomorrow. Good night Aiden." I got down from the car and tried to walk away.

His voice stopped me on my tracks.

"Good Night Mia. And get prepared. We are getting married in a week." With that said his car slowly vanished from my sight.

***************************************
Like
Vote
Share♥️
T20 cricket worldcup is here.
Comment which team you support.