7.Devil's Trap

Amelia's POV

" So, I asked Sasha out for a date today " My brother Ryan said while cutting the vegetables for the BBQ Dinner.

" Wow ... What did she say ? " My mom asked him with excitement.

" And she said yes." My brother did a little happy dance.

' Kids !! ' I rolled my eyes. My brother is in his senior year in high school. Sasha is the girl, with whom he has a huge crush since his 7th grade.

" She's cute !" My mom commented.

" Hey why don't you invite her for the dinner ? " I asked him.

" Ah ... Great idea. Thank you sis. I'll call her now " he left.

" Hmmm.. So when are you going to call your boyfriend for dinner ? Huh? " Mom asked me.

" Boyfriend..? I'm not dating anyone mom. That word sounds more alien to me." I replied her with a small smile.

I came to my hometown for the Annual BBQ Dinner. Hudson is a beautiful small town, surrounded by beautiful scenery. This place is heaven.

I was born and raised here

I was born and raised here. My mom owns a small restaurant here, while my dad works as a librarian. Guess that's how I got my passion for reading.

" Mia, Are you planning to be like this? " She asked me loudly.

I was a nerd in high school. Most of the girls from my school were interested in makeup, dress-up and parties. But I was more interested in numbers, calculas and equations. Students used to call me a weirdo. But I felt solving maths problems more easier than to solve boyfriend issues.

" Mom.. can we stop this. " I whispered.

Somehow this conversation reminded me of Aiden. I practically ran out from his office. That evening, I packed my bag and came here.He tried to contact me few times,but I blocked his number. It feels like I'm running away from him, but that's not true. I need some time away from all this mess.

" Alright.. But I'm not done with you. Now go and check the tables in the back area. We will have our guests soon .. " my mom shooed me. I gave her a salute and left the kitchen.

BBQ Dinner is an important tradition that is followed in our hometown for a long time. We invite friends, neighbours and relatives for the dinner. It's something more like a Thanksgiving. There will be food, music and dancing. Sadly, Emily couldn't make it this week because of her work.

" Guess who? " someone whispered near my ears, while covering my eyes from behind.

I recognised him, the second his musk scent hit my nostrils. His voice near my ears, gave me chills.

" Caleb " I said slowly .

He removed his hands and I turned around. There stood my best friend, my crush Caleb James with a charming smile. It's contagious.