12.Birthday Bash

Aiden's POV

" It's 3pm in Newyork time.
Good Afternoon! This is City News. Mr.Elijah Mathews, The Chairman of the renowned Mathew group of Industries, has arranged a grand birthday party for his lovely wife. On behalf of this occasion, he has invited a lot of celebrities and important people from business world. Stay tonight with us for more details."

The news about my mom's birthday party flashed on the tv screen. This party might be the best time to announce my wedding officially. I just need to do one thing correctly, pretend to be in love with that girl.

" Aiden, Everyone is waiting for you." Kane brought me back from my thoughts. I soon reached the meeting hall and took my place among others. The presentations on a new game were made.

" Aiden, what do you think ? " Kane asked me with excitement.

" Great ! This totally exceeded my expectations. So does this project have a name now?" I asked at the end of their presentation.

" Yes Sir. How about the name Mystery Island ? " The man who presented, suggested a name.

" Nah.. It's too old fashioned. I need something modern and catchy. Any other suggestions? "

" How about Ferocity : The Clan War ?" Miss.Campbell suggested.

" Good.. then it's settled. I really liked the presentation. You all did a good job, Well done. So, strategy department please proceed with further works regarding it and submit it to me. Miss.Campbell, come up with the promotion plans for this game in advance. We will launch our official announcement trailer about the game in 2 weeks time. " I informed everyone.

" No problem Sir."

" Alright let's end here. Dismiss. We have lot of work to do."

When I came back to my office, I heard a knock on my door. It was Kane.

" What's next Kane ? " I asked him.

" I have the best news, Your Engagement news is already out and there is a huge increase in our company's share value.Your Engagement with Amelia really did us a huge favour this time."

" Thank God ! And don't forget to send a bouquet with a thank you note to her place . Now let me go home and get ready. I have a party to attend."

" Aiden, Won't you be more sincere if you give it yourself? " He asked me with a smile.

" Aren't you my best and wise assistant Mr.Kane ? " I asked him calmly.

" Yes ofcourse! " He said with a proud smile.

" Then why are you not obeying my orders? And Kane, you are becoming very talkative now a days " I yelled.

He just blinked at me for few seconds.

"A-Alright, if there is nothing else , I'll go and do my work. But remember Aiden, she is going to be your wife so please be nice to her. Don't forget that you are using her for your company benefits. "

" She is going to be my fake wife. And I pay her, so technically she is my employee. I'm not using her. It's her job to be my wife. " I replied with frustration.

" If you say so.. " with that said he left my office.

That Evening...

I reached Mia's apartment and knocked her door.

" Miss.Campbell ? " To my surprise, it was Emily who opened the door .

" Come in, Mr.Mathews. Please call me Emily and she is almost ready."