5.Proposal

Amelia's POV

" Hey Mia.. So how was the interview? And why are you sitting here? " Emily asked me.

After the drama performed by Mr.Mathews, Kane escorted me outside the room. I texted Emily to meet me in the office cafeteria. It took me some time to process what happened. And that kiss? What was that for ?

" Interview, my ass !! " I fumed.

I explained her everything that happened after she left. She looked at me with her wide blue eyes in shock.

" Wait a minute!! Ufff.. it's too much to take in " she said while trying to understand the situation. I just rolled my eyes.

" So, you say that .. uh.. Mr CEO announced you as his fiance to the members of the board. He also stated that you both going to get married in three months time." She muttered slowly more like a statement. I gave her a nod.

We both kept quiet for few minutes.

" Rather than getting wrinkles from working part-time and overtime, isn't marrying a wealthy, handsome guy more productive? " She asked me breaking our silence.

" Em.. ?! Are you out of your mind ? Wherever that thought came from you erase it immediately. " I warned her.

" Calm down Mia. I'm just talking the reality here. First it's Aiden Hottie Mathews, he is like the Adonis of New York. And secondly, he will never back down from his decision of marrying you.. Never !! So it's obvious that we have to see the positives from this wedding." She said calmly.

" No!! No way .. I'm never doing a marriage thing with that jerk " I replied to her by banging my fist on the table. I'm just frustrated with everything going around.

" Alright !! If you don't .. " she stopped talking as I felt someone's presence behind me. I turned around to see Kane standing behind me with a gentle smile.

" Hi again... I'm Kane Rogers, Aiden's Assistant. He is waiting for you. Please follow me." He said gently.

I gave him a nod and followed him to the 50th floor. As we reached the Ceo's floor, a "wow" escaped from my mouth by looking at the room's interiors and lightings.

" You can go in. He is expecting you." I heard Kane's voice. I walked over to his office, and opened the door. Mr.Mathews was sitting in his chair, staring intently at something on his laptop, his mind lost in his own thoughts.

After hearing the door closing sound, he looked up and a small smile formed on his lips.

" Hey, I have been waiting for you. "

I moved towards him.

" I bet you did !! " I hissed, by slamming my hands on his table.

" Hmm.. What's your name? " He asked me with a serious face.

I stared at him, with my mouth hung open. " Are you joking right now? " My nostrils flared in anger.

" As a matter of fact no!! I wanna know your name ? " He asked me with a calm voice.

" Amelia Thompson " I replied to him.

" Amelia.. Hmmm.. I'm sticking with Mia. I like to call you by that name. " He responded by showing his perfect smile.

" You don't have the right to call me .. " I objected him.

" Oh.. you don't like it. Then what should I call you my fiance ? Babygirl ? Cupcake? Sweetheart? Uh? " He asked me with a smirk on his face.

" Mr.Mathews, Let me state this clearly, I don't want to get married to you. And for you it's Amelia Thompson " I spoke loudly while trying to calm myself down.

" Oh.. I love your boldness. And call me Aiden. Here's my proposal, Let's get married for an year based on certain terms and conditions, when the contract expires, you are free to go. I'll pay you $50,000 for this deal. Consider it as your salary for an year. " He said standing before me.

' You stupid, fucking Ass-hole ' My mind started to erupt with anger.

" I'm not planning to marry you. Do you think marriage is some kind of joke? " I moved away from him.

" Please forget about this marriage talk. And have a good day Mr.Mathews." with that said I turned my heels around and started to walk towards the door.

Suddenly Aiden wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I glanced up and when our eyes made contact, shivers ran down my spine realising the closeness between us. His face was few inches away from mine and I could see how flawless he was with deep brown eyes, perfect jawline and soft lips that kissed me had an amused grin on it. And I found myself blushing at him.

'Oh my God!! What's wrong with me ?'

He kept his fingers under my chin and tilted my face up and leaned in to whisper into my ears " I'm hiring you as mine for an year. Congratulations!! Take your time and give me a good answer "

" You Fucking Ass-hole !! " I cursed at him by pushing him away from me. His closeness makes me go crazy.

"Mind your language Mia ! " He warned me.

" Alright Captain America, Flash news !! My wedding is not for sale. So forget about it. I hope to never see you again." I yelled at him and dashed out of the room.

***************************************
Chapter 5 is here
So what do you think about Aiden's deal?

Please Vote, Share and Comment!!