99

Morgan shot up with a deep gasp, which caused Eric and Alcide to do the same, concern in their eyes,

"Darlin, you gotta breathe" Alcide instructed

She shakily let out her breath, drawing it in as she placed a hand over her chest, the door slamming open, revealing Lex and two other guards standing there, looking around the room for a threat.

"What happened, Älskling?" Eric asked "what did you see?"

". . Nothing" shaking her head "I saw nothing. But I felt . . Sookie" looking at him "I felt Sookie. I feel Sookie"

Morgan got up from the bed, hurrying to the closet and opening the doors, stepping inside to change out of her pajamas,

"Go with her" Eric said "I'll be there in a few hours"

The woman stepped out, dressed in a floor length skirt, dark gray crop top, putting her heels on her feet, her cuff on her left arm, closing her eyes for a moment as her dark makeup appeared she grabbed her shawl from the armchair, kissing Eric on the lips and hurrying out of the room, grabbing her shoulder bag from Lex as Alcide trailed behind a moment later. She grabbed her keys from the hook in the kitchen, exiting the house with Alcide in toe, the two of them getting in the Impala, Morgan in the driver's seat, starting up the car just as Lex and another guard, Atlas, got in the backseat. Glancing in the rearview mirror, Morgan reversed the car out of the driveway before turning it around completely, driving down Sequoia Road as she made her way toward the house. Those who were out and about recognized her car, causing them to wave slightly with kind smiles, but Morgan didn't have time to respond, ignoring them as she drive down the road.

She took the keys out of the ignition, getting out of the car and walking toward the porch, pausing in her tracks when Sookie walked out of the house. Tears quickly formed in her eyes, walking up the porch steps and wrapping her arms around the blonde, which caused Sookie to comply to the gesture.

"Great Mother, you're okay" relief in her voice "don't you ever do that to me again, Sook. You don't know what the fuck that did to me"

"How long have I been gone?" she asked

Jason stood at the door, his hands resting on his belt, wearing his uniform, giving Morgan a small nod as she slightly pulled back from Sookie, knowing she wanted to confirm what Jason might have told her.

"You've been gone for a year and a half" Morgan replied, looking at her "I looked everywhere. I looked on the maps, but I couldn't find you. I couldn't feel you. No one knew where you were, they all thought Bill and Eric kidnapped or killed you"

Sookie reached up, gently wiping the tears away from Morgan's face, a sniffle emitting from her as she took in a deep breath,

"I was just about to fill her in on what's happened" Jason informed "I think you should be here too"

x

"You sold my house?" Sookie asked, looking at Jason and Morgan

"Your stuff's all still here" Jason replied "now, I packed it, but I didn't get a chance to . ."

"Yeah, I saw" nodding slightly

"Well at least I didn't throw it away" looking at her "look, Sook, you've been gone for a year, and it killed me even thinking about all the people who should still be living here, and how they're all gone. I just couldn't take it no more"

"You let him?" looking at Morgan

"I was too busy looking for you to pay attention to anything else" she replied

"These AVF people had the cash" Jason added "offered more than I asked, and I just . . just wanted to be done with it"

"I can't believe you gave up on me" Sookie said, looking back at Jason

"What choice did I have?" looking at her "Sook, you ain't the type to just skip off without telling no one. Plus, you've been all mixed up with vampires. Look, we put up flyers, we called TV stations, and I did everything I could think of. We even made up a website! But after you were gone for so long. ."

"I swear it felt like ten, fifteen minutes at the most!" shaking her head slightly "the place where I went, time just works differently"

"I believe you" trying to hide an amused smile as she stood and walked to the kitchen "I do believe you. I do, but Sook, if you start telling people that you time-traveled, to a land full of faeries, they're gonna put you away"

Sookie walked back to the dining room table, setting two items down on the hard surface. Both of them were pocket watches, one of them different than the other, Morgan reaching out, grabbing the different one, looking at it for a moment, closing her eyes at the familiar energy that consumed her.

"Where the hell did you get these?" Jason asked

"Granddad?" Morgan asked

"He was there" Sookie confirmed "he wanted you to have his" looking at Morgan "you liked his so much, he bought one for you. He swore he'd only been there a few hours. He looked just like we remember him. Time stands still there, and no one knows it. It's how I lost a year of my life, and granddaddy lost twenty"

Morgan opened her eyes, looking down at the pocket watch that fit perfectly into the palm of her hand. The metal was old, but it wasn't worn down from constant use, the framing being in the shape of a pentagram, with a charm attached to it.

She remembered that he was a church goer, believing symbol to be from the devil, so she was surprised to see that he purchased a pocket watch with a pentagram on it

She remembered that he was a church goer, believing symbol to be from the devil, so she was surprised to see that he purchased a pocket watch with a pentagram on it. Though in some cultures, the pentagram also meant protection against evil spirits. She opened it up, the numbers on the watch being a beautiful faunt, the hands not moving, turning it over and looking at the engraving,

For My Little Snowflake

A name only Earl Stackhouse called her, a soft smile forming on her lips,

"Where is he?" She asked, looking at her

"You didn't leave him there, did you?" Jason asked

"He's gone" Sookie answered "I'm sorry. Like, he wanted you to have them so that you'd always know that he never meant to leave you"

"What time do you have?" Morgan asked, looking at the three other men

"6:35" Alcide answered

She set the pocket watch to the time, watching as the seconds began to tick by,

"6:35?" Sookie asked "doesn't that mean . . ?"

Morgan looked at her for a moment, closing the pocket watch and standing from her seat as she walked toward the front door. Alcide, Lex and Atlas stood as well, following Morgan, who followed Sookie as she made her way to the porch, the faint sound of the wind blowing filled the air, Bill standing on the bottom steps of the porch.