-

°

°

°

PROLOGUE:

MAY THE SAND GUIDE YOU

A heavy key fell to the ground with a loud clank echoing around the throne room.

You smiled at the sight of piles and piles of gold surrounding the throne, shining like raw diamonds. Shiny, precious gems and jewels glowed among the golden plates. You raised your fists, full of the sparkling ore. A small floating cube circled your figure, a small satisfied chirp leaving its mechanical components.

You patted its top, "Seems like I made the right choice by borrowing you from the Akademiya!"

The little machine, you had "kindly borrowed" from a researcher probably still passed out at the entrance of Khaj-Nisut palace, made a small chirp, the veins around its body glowing a soft blue.

Opening the worn satchel attached to your side, you filled it as much as possible. But, since your body was turned to the throne, you failed to see a violet-blue tinted mist spreading itself around the room, the white specks floating inside it seeming to take the shape of haunting hands, their long, bony fingers reaching your figure. One of them touched the small cube, which as soon as it noticed the hovering shadow chirped loudly and poked your back a few times.

"What is it, Little One?"

The machine chirped loudly again, you covered your ears, slightly hissing at the floating device. The small cube ignored your protests as it hit your chest before circling your head.

As you bickered with your companion, you failed to notice the approaching mist, and only when you felt a cold breeze pass by, you dared to turn around.

Ghostly, pale hands hovered over your figure.

You screamed.

The world went black.

°

°

°