∩IIIIII

Past Repast - Genshin Impact - HOYO-MiX

°

°

°

°

CHAPTER SIXTEEN:

MAY THE WINDS PROTECT YOU FROM HARM

Joyous chatter and music filled your ears. Bright lanterns illuminated the main road lined by colourful stalls.

King Deshret had already paraded across the streets with his trusted men carrying the gift for the Goddess of Dendro's birthday and the Goddess of Flowers' commemoration. People stared, enchanted by at the sight of the deity dressed in robes of gold and red, the deep purple you were acquainted with nowhere to be seen. For a moment, you swore your eyes locked, his ruby irises crinkling with mirth behind the serious facade.

Everywhere, people danced to their heart's content, flowers in their hair. A young dancer carrying a basket full of them -their long petals glowing pink and violet- gave one to you, her blue eyes two happy crescent moons, red locks falling behind. You twirled the small flower in your hand, admiring it before following the example of others and tucking it into your hair.

Your floating companion, ever the traitor, had abandoned you with an angry beep in favour of remaining with Donkar -of course, that was because you did not give it food, which the little cube could not eat anyway-. Then you were distracted by the people laughing around you and realised that you had never seen the Sabzeruz so lively before, granted, you had never been to one, since the festivity in modern days had been diminished to the one secretly celebrated at the Grand Bazar.

You smiled, this wasn't so bad.

"Thank you, have a nice Sabzeruz."

"You too." you answered the seller, pocketing a small bracelet ending in the shape of a flower. You resumed your walking, wondering about your white haired friend's whereabouts. Since she had told you it was her birthday a few hours prior you had made it your goal to find a nice present. And speaking of her, lo and behold there she was, dancing and singing near the stage, her movements so graceful she could have been mistaken for a dancer minus the colourful robes.