Mirage of the Oasis - Genshin Impact -HoYo-MiX

°

°

°

°

CHAPTER TEN:

MAY YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE

The west underground area, built in honour of Lord Rukkhadevata, contrasted greatly with its harsher and drier desertic counterpart.

Golden walls of sand caged you beneath their warm arms and branches as lite as fingers crawled from the crimson grains weaving themselves into intricate wreaths. And among withered and dried blades, crumpled like scraps of old paper, some leaves glowed a luscious green, giving the area a soft, fairy-like light.

Interacting with one of the pipe diverter valves, you switched the water course from left to right and successfully opened a sealed gate which led to a vast chamber with two other closed gates on each side and a pair of stairs. Trying to keep a steady footing, you carefully navigated down the steep stairs as the small flame atop your torch flickered, threatening to blow out at any moment and leave you in the dark.

After fixing a few other mechanisms, the gate on the right side opened. Passing through a narrow corridor, you found yourself in another large room whose walls were decorated by golden and violet frescoes depicting scenes of war.

Descending another flight of stairs, you finally reached the main chamber, source of all greenery, where the soft green light seemed to shine brighter. You let your eyes travel around, irises trying to capture every nook and cranny decorated by breathtaking flowers. The golden paint smeared across walls reflected the soft lights like a mirror, creating a scenery whose beauty transcended to an ethereal and dreamlike state. You softly sighed, wishing you had a kamera.

Nearing an horizontal pipe, you trailed your hands over the rusty surface. You pressed a button located on the side and slowly, two panels slided over the top revealing the water flow inside. You let your fingers graze the water before retracting them from its sheer coldness. You neared your face to the rapid flow. It reflected your focused eyes which then widened at the sight of familiar crimson grains that should have never been there. After examining all other pipes, you found out that they all shared the same problem.