∩IIIIIII

Falling Fantasy - Genshin Impact - HOYO-MiX

°

°

°

°

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN:

MAY YOU FIND THE TRUTH OF THIS WORLD

Silence hung heavy in the air.

The lush green forest that surrounded the City of Gurabad had withered. The tallest trees reduced to only dying branches with crumpled leaves. Roots of a sickly black crawled from within the now sandy terrain, caging everything in their path in a still image.

From the murky mist staining the ground rose a ghastly figure, their skin was crumpled in a sickly brown as if it had been shredded by a wild animal. It rose silently and limped slowly to an unsuspecting soldier. As if it could not wait anymore, the creature lunged, a gurgled scream tore from its throat, alerting the soldier of immediate danger. He raised his weapon, ready to defend himself. Unfortunately he was too slow and when he found himself already in range of its teeth, he could only close his eyes, hoping for a quick death. But just as he did so, the monster shrieked before crumbling in front of his own eyes.

A gleam of gold.

And the jingling of golden, heavy bracelets.

The golden staff glowed before returning to its owner.

"Are you alright?"

The soldier sputtered, still in a state of shock.

King Deshret moved his head, signaling to the two men behind him to escort the wounded warrior back to the city's entrance, where a medical camp had been haphazardly set by those who could still move in the rising sandstorm.

Ruby eyes peered at the once glorious city now only reduced to a shell of its former glorious appearance. In the distance, he saw the tall palace, its figure shrouded by the sand and violet mist.

Temperatures were unusually hot.

Letting your back rest on a rough bark, you tried to enjoy the small shadow the palm tree could provide even though you still found yourself sweating under the harsh sunrays.