∩II

Ruins of Scorching Might - Genshin Impact - HOYO-MiX

°

°

°

°

CHAPTER TWELVE:

MAY YOU NEVER GIVE UP

Thus did the Goat King, minister of all ministers, present his strategy.

And so did he speak with flattering words.

"Indulging in dreams of old and sorrows of the past is no way to be long. The endless power and wisdom of this land can build you a palace that surpasses the heavens and it shall bring your people a prosperous future".

You had never felt more afraid in your life.

The Underground Court of Hadramaveth was beautiful.

Pillars taller than mountains rose from the sand, circling the main square.

And there you stood, head bowed.

And on the highest throne sat your judge, covered in robes of white.

His blind eyes fixated on your body and soul.

Past reports of previous engineers lay crumpled near your feet, dirtying the polished floor where even the smallest grain of sand could not be found.

You wasted time.

From the corner of your eyes, you saw Donkar bowing on his knees. His own eyes closed in acceptance. From your other side, Buddy made a small chirp before quieting down.

You already knew the fate that would await you. 

Everybody did. 

And still, they all sat around you. Those wretched priests watched the courtroom as if it was a show. Both entertained and bored out of their minds.