IIIIIII

Eye of Deshret/Hypostyle Desert 1 (Underground Chamber), Track 27 - Genshin Impact - HOYO-MiX

°

°

°

°

CHAPTER SEVEN:

MAY YOU FIND PEACE IN THE DARKEST NIGHTS

In the city of Khaj-Nisut, people gathered outside their homes, their curious gazes following the procession passing through the main street. Dancers gently moved their arms and bodies in ritual gestures, while the cries of the mourners echoed with the music. Priests held ritual objects, their violet and golden headpieces glowing under the sunlight. Al-Ahmar stood at the front, the priestess acting as the goddess of healing and magic and the goddess of air at his side.

Light shined upon the lavishly decorated coffin, where the high priest slept. His family stood at his side, accompanying him to the afterlife.

The green landscape of the oasis slowly turned into sandy dunes as they walked across the burning desert, followed by people carrying canopic jars and objects.

You sighed for the tenth time, feeling your back hurt from the stiff posture. You kept a straight face, hiding your discomfort, but as time passed, it became more and more challenging. Donkar groaned, facing the same predicament.

You two were waiting for the funerary procession at the entrance of the Mausoleum. You had been tasked to seal the doors leading to the high priest's resting place. Hence wearing more elegant and white robes trimmed with golden lines. Your gaze switched to the two officers on the other side, who had arrived long before you did. Their posture was perfect, skin immaculate, whereas you were sweating profusely, almost melting into a pool. 

A few minutes passed, until Donkar nudged your arm,"Hey, what's up with that eagle?"

(e-c) irises clashed with sharp gold ones. The eagle you had found in the desert a few days before eyed your hand. You scratched its head eliciting a small soft chirp. Your floating companion eyed suspiciously the great bird, which raised its beck, smugly.