IIII

Hypostyle Desert 11 (Night), Track 42 - Genshin Impact - HOYO-MiX  

°

°

°

°

CHAPTER FOUR:

MAY THE STARS LIGHT YOUR PATH

Moonlight shined brightly, shrouding the dunes in a silvery shade. Stars twinkled, light softening and brightening like a child's laugh.

The cool night breeze tickled your cheeks. You shivered a bit, trudging through the golden sand, whose grains were blurred in silver, something you had never seen during your night trips to the scarlet desert. You sat on top of a dune, the sand at a pleasant warm temperature, and watched how those small grains rolled down the surface, carried by the whispers of the night.

You lay down, the night sky reflected in your eyes.

A couple of months had passed since you had been transported in the ancient realm, forced to work as some kind of engineer. Sometimes, memories you were certain weren't yours resurfaced, filling your brain with unknown technology. They often depicted a person bended on papyrus scrolls or stone tablets, busy filling other scrolls with notes and unreadable words and while you had never touched a book nor learnt how to read in your entire life, you knew that figure in your memories was either you or someone creepily similar. You sighed. Well, at least the pay was good.

A shooting star ran across the sky. Its long golden tail pointing towards your home.

You wondered if anybody of your tribe had noticed your absence.

You just hoped you could find a way back.

The smell of meat filled the small house as workers seated around short tables chatted the night away. You blinked at the strong light created by the four oil lamps illuminating the large room.

You murmured a soft 'hello' as the others greeted you with smiles.

The small ruin-keeper which was previously playing with a small child, probably the son of one of your co-workers, came to you with a bubbly chirp and floated around your body, before settling on your shoulder.