∩IIII

Undisturbed Tranquility - Genshin Impact - HOYO-MiX

°

°

°

°

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:

MAY YOU NEVER FALL

The fairy-mother prophesied three times, each carrying the admonitions of three moons and four suns long past.

The clinking of cups echoed in the dim-lit space. From the open round windows came the soft moonlight which filtered through the colourful glass of hanging lamps, creating a starry glow atop the stage, where a lone dancer moved, hands and fabric intertwining like lotus petals.

Patrons stopped their chatter in favour of watching the performance. From the counter, you looked at her, mesmerised by her beautiful voice, until another deep one came from your right, breaking you out of your stupor.

"She sings well, doesn't she?" you recognized that voice and the unmistakable honey dripping from it.

You turned, hands hovering above your still untouched glass, and were met with the sight of pale blue skin and downturned golden eyes. The Jinn neared her face to yours, painted pink lips curved into a lazy smile.

"Long time no see, child of the desert." she said, irises flickering to the sight of other workers chattering aimlessly with cups in their hands. "Seems like work has been going smoothly."

You stared at her, noting how her cheeks were decorated by pearls and glittering gems, reminding you of the night sky, before distancing yourself.

"Indeed."

It was true, in the past few days, working took a turn for the better. Spurred by Nahida's little tale and the sight of those colourful birds, you had gathered the help and insight from the other workers and Donkar, and together, you had managed to create a solution. It was still a bit rudimentary, but it was working nonetheless. The sand was diminishing and, even though it had not disappeared completely, it was still an achievement. Even King Deshret had congratulated all of you, something that made your heart flutter, proud.