∩IIIIIIII

Arid Canyon - Genshin Impact - HOYO-MiX

°

°

°

°

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:

MAY YOU FIND THE KNOWLEDGE YOU SEEK

And so did the Crocodile King, the commander of commanders, speak frankly his thoughts.

"Your Majesty, Lord of dunes and oases, Guide of the living and the dead, Master of all Elements. This is our final chance if we wish to recall lives long lost and welcome opportunities and dreams.- he paused, dark green eyes glimmering -the greater the authority, the greater the emptiness. The greater the wisdom, the greater the sorrow."

"Forget the delusions of the Void because only life eternal can fill this endless pit of regret."

Gurabad was no longer visible.

King Deshret looked over his shoulder, the last bastions of the city had given out right before his eyes.

The merciless sandstorm had swallowed everything in their path, caged the last human lives and carried them underneath the earth.

He was the only one left.

Liloupar's soul had been split into seven parts, each one carrying an unforgiveble sin. They had been scattered across the dunes, never to be seen again.

Al-Ahmar removed his headpiece, the golden and violet jackal's eyes stared at him in their permanent angry gaze, unmoving. He remained silent as he observed the city remains under the shade of a temple.

Then he turned and walked, alone.

Since the outbreak, Ay-Khanoum had been surrounded by sandstorms and suffered from violent monster attacks. Sentinels kept on lookout, their turns taking on longer shifts littered with small breaks so as to not damage their eyesight permanently while soldiers fought relentlessly to bring back those who were still trapped and carried the injured to the temple where a make-shift camp had been built.