IIIIIIIII

Spice Road - Genshin Impact - HoYo-MiX

°

°

°

°

CHAPTER NINE:

MAY YOU BE BLESSED BY THE MOON

Soft grass tickled the soles of your feet. Small padisarahs adorned the beaten path around you, framing the main road in purple shades. Lush, green nature surrounded you from every side, plants and vines climbed flat-roofed houses creating a stark contrast with their pale white.

People went left and right. Women carried colourful vases filled to the brim with water as their daughters followed with baskets holding fresh fruits and sons either played outside or helped their fathers. Some stopped, looking curiously at the three outsiders carrying foreign clothes and equipment.

Joyful sounds coming from patrons already drinking the day away mixed with loud calls from shop owners and the hushed whispers of two girls gossiping about how charming was the new king of Gurabad.

Donkar leisurely strolled at your side, followed by the little machine, which seemed to marvel at the scenery, its blue veins lightning up in a stronger shade with each 'beep'.

"Hey, pal.- he said, gently scratching the little one's head -you have never told me, but how did you build Buddy?" The machine chirped, seeming delighted at the new name.

You pursued your lips, hiding the incoming nervousness.

"During one of my night trips I found an old Ruin Guard core, wanted to give it a new life. So, I tinkered with it a bit and Buddy was born." Donkar hummed, impressed, before gently chiming you for your horrible habit of collecting everything you found interesting.

Meanwhile, you mentally gave yourself a pat on the back. You were getting better at creating stories, perhaps you should become a storyteller once you return back home, like the famous Tea Master Liu Su of Liyue or a bard from Mondstadt. You hummed, finding the thought of becoming one almost nice.

A call came from the two guards a few steps ahead. The three of you hurried your pace, sandals hitting the sandy path of Ay-Khanoum as the City of The Moon Maiden bustled with life.