IIIIIIII

Aaru Village 2 (Sunset), Track 13 - Genshin Impact - HOYO-MiX

°

°

°

°

CHAPTER EIGHT:

MAY HARM NEVER BEFALL UPON YOU

Hot whispers of wind gently blew, carrying dust over the mausoleum and crowning it with a golden halo.

The aquamarine eye began to glow, reflecting its soft shade on the twin pyramids' tips.

Workers cheered at the sight of the finished temple, voices shouting joyfully at the feeling of their hard work being repaid with greatness.

Donkar cheered "We've done a wonderful job!" and gave you a strong slap to your back, which made you almost hunch over from the pain. You massaged gently the sore spot, but the pain was already at the back of your mind as you laughed with him. "We did!" you chirped, reciprocating with a slap of your own.  His eyes widened at your bold gesture. Since he had found you that day during King Deshret's ceremony, you had been a bit distant, always shuffling awkwardly when he was near. Looking now at you incredulously, your childhood friend put a hand over his arm before bursting out laughing while holding you close in a half hug.

"This is a day to remember."

A young soldier turned his head, the purple tails of his headpiece flowing clumsily in front of his face as he tried to unsuccessfully swat them away. His amber eyes focused on the soldier at his side who had just spoken.

"You think so?" he replied, curiosity swimming in pools of gold.

The elder smiled, "Of course."

The younger man hummed before his eyes shifted to the snow haired deity.

"Shouldn't we...- he trailed off, tone dripping with uncertainty -...stop them? Our king still hasn't given his speech."

The other shook his head, amused chuckles leaving his lips at the younger one's perplexed glance.

"Besides- he said, voice hoarse with age -I think he is enjoying himself. Look closely" he softly tilted his head, half lidded eyes gazing at The Red One.