Chapter 1

We walked through the quiet Shibuya, and waited by the big screen that said "Next Stage Start" on it.

It was just the five of us so far, trash was scattered about and we were all silent.

It was kind of awkward, I had let go of my past grudge of them betraying us, but I didn't want to have to be the first one to start up a conversation.

So the walk here was silent, and it still is.

A few huge blimps crossed over our heads not long ago.

"None of the games have started yet." Arisu pointed out.

"Maybe we still have time." Usagi suggests.

"Or maybe they forgot to push the big red start button." Chishiya adds.

"They didn't even tell us the rules of this game." Kuina said from the ground, I decide to join her sitting down and giving my leg some time to rest.

We give each other small smiles and I think that means we're friends again.

We hear something off in the distance, well Usagi and I do.

"What is it?" Kuina asks.

"I hear something." We all face the direction of the noise. It's several cars.

"They're alive. Beach people."

The cars park around us. And the people get out.

"What is this?" Arisu asks someone. "What are you doing here?"

"We saw the blimps show up." He responded

"Rumors are that the next stage is starting." A woman adds.

"Right..." Arisu says, "Here's the thing-"

Before he finished the guy next to him was shot and flew a few feet. I stood up looking for the shooter.

Then the woman next to him was shot her blood soaking the ground too.

Another one shot, this time his side is missing.

"A rifle?" Chishiya says confused. "Get moving."

I drop the stick, I can't run with it, so if I fall, that will be the end.

Guess I better not fall, with that I followed Kuina. A bit slower but still away from the shooter.

"That things anti-tank rifle." Chishiya was slowly walking backwards. That idiot what the hell is he doing?

"Where's it coming from?" I hear Usagi's voice.

"Run, run!" Arisu tells us and we follow him. Hiding behind a little building.

"Does this mean that the game has started." I ask, already out of breath.

"I don't know." Chishiya answers right behind me.

"Did they give us rules?" Kuina asks.

"Without rules this is just a massacre." Arisu states, trying to figure a solution out.

"That rifle can kill from a kilometer away." Chishiya says.

People are screaming and running everywhere.

"Damn it, I recognize that sound." Kuina sighs, it sounds just like the ones from the Beach.

"Now they have an assault rifle." Chishiya confirms.

"We have no idea how many there are. Other players are starting to group together." Usagi looks at a group running our direction.

"Could be more than one shooter." Arisu adds.

"I had no idea this many players were still alive." Kuina says looking at them.

It's true, there are an awful lot, I wonder where they were hiding.

The people in the back were shot down.

"They're almost here." Arisu panics, "we have to go." He crawls back the way we came and we follow him.

"Let's go!" Arisu says and we run, stumbling a few times, trying to see where we can go.

"We need to split up!" Chishiya says behind me. Oh great, now I might not see them again. Kuina grabs my hand as we race away from the shooter. Chishiya following close behind.

People are falling dead in front of us, and I start feeling a little dizzy, tired of standing.

Maybe getting shot would be the nicest way to go out. Then another man's side is ripped off. Never mind.

We stop to hide behind a car.

"Are you trying to get killed out there?" Kuina yells to our friends as she sees them.

The shooter shoots at the car we are hiding behind.

"Are you trying to get us killed?" I whisper out of breath.

"Where are they shooting from anyway?" She ignores my question.

We see a blimp overhead, with the King of Spades card hanging down from it.

"Huh. He must be the King of Spades." Chishiya assumes.

Well this is a crazy turn of events.

"Take this. A good luck charm." Chishiya hands us each an explosive.

"An explosive? You made this?" I ask looking at it.

"Just use it if you have to." He tells us grabbing another.

The gunfire made it's way closer and we see Usagi and Arisu hiding behind the car next to us.

"Run, run." We hear someone yell.

"We're pinned down here!" Kuina informs them.

"If we step out he'll get us." Usagi adds.

A vehicle honks and drives up to us. We look out to see who it is.

It's Tatta and Ann! Oh we're saved.

"Get in!" Tatta tells us. Shots are fired at us as one of us goes at a time.

Me and Chishiya the last ones going.

"Run guys!" Kuina calls to us.

Something roles over by the door, a bomb blocking our path.

"That's bad. Get going!" Chishiya yells at them then grabs my waist as he dives behind a car.

The bomb exploded, I can hear Kuina calling our names out as they drive away.