Chapter 3

The computer had finished the instructions and it was silent. No one making a move, just looking around.

"Hey man, mind telling me my symbol?" One guy asks another. "Then I can tell you yours."

"Yeah," the other one sighs in relief and goes to check the other's collar.

"So the 21 of us need to eliminate each other until we somehow find out who the Jack is. What makes you think that anyone is trustworthy?" A man in a suit asks the two. And they back away from each other a little.

A group headed downstairs and the one guy in the middle was looking around. Wild eyes, like predator looking for prey.

He finds his prey and walks over to a quiet and nervous guy.

"How about we get together and make teams to tell each other?" A girl in a blue dress suggests. I don't like the vibes coming off of her. "So that way, nobody can lie."

I don't know if she is trustworthy. The only one who I think I can trust has betrayed me before so I got the minion maybe.

Her plan is pretty good and people start to join.

"Hey wanna tell each other the answer?" The guy asks us.

I was about to say yes when I was cut off by blonde.

"If you're trying to survive, make sure you keep the ones that don't lie close. For all you know one of us might be the Jack." He says.

I turn and glare at him and he just smiles.

"You see? They all started to break off into groups. Everyone wants to know who can be trusted." Then he leans off the wall and hangs his arm on my shoulder pointing at a couple from what I can tell.

"Take those two. Before the game started, do you wanna know what they were doing?"

"What?" The guy asks, innocent soul. Why was Chishiya watching that??

"The guy wants control everything she does to hold power over her, so she can't interact with other players. Which is smart, in the long run. If you've got someone you trust that much, that's how you win the game." He finishes and leans against the wall again.

I look at him and see that he is focused on another interaction on the floor below us.

It was that one man Chishiya didn't look too happy to see and an emo guy.

"Doesn't look like you have a partner yet. Tell me my symbol and I will tell you yours." The emo looking one says.

"That's a pretty aggressive attitude to have."

"Huh?"

"That kind of childishness makes you painfully transparent. You're ashamed of the darkness inside you, which makes you petty and jealous. You try to keep yourself safe behind those bangs. You hide it so people can't see your ugly empty soul. You're a pathetic excuse of a human being who judges others to feel better. Pathetic and small. But that's what I like about you. We should be friends."

That was a weird interaction, and that one guy could read others like me. But I was not expecting a bestie moment to come out of it.

"Hey, do you wanna join our team?" The girl in the blue dress comes over and asks us. "No pressure or anything."

"It's not that I don't want to." The guy starts.

"I don't think it would be a good idea," I mutter to Chishiya.

"Okay. We'll join the group." Chishiya says.

The group invites more people and I stand there in shock a little. That bitch, oh if he doesn't kill me here I will-