Chapter 9

Now we get to leave!! I am so excited!! I hate this prison and hope to put it in the rear view mirror as quickly as possible. Well if we had a vehicle it would be easier.

We make our way outside, well he is walking fast and I am trying to keep up without falling. He isn't even offering to help, just like before.

Well, now things can go back to normal between us, whatever normal is.

He had made it to the gate and turned, I still have a good 20 feet to walk, I look down embarrassed and focus on my footing.

Then I feel Chishiya's hands pick me up, he is carrying me bridal style now.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I ask moving  around to get down.

"Hey, I will drop you, stop moving." He adjusts me in his arms and starts walking out the gate. "You were moving too slow."

"You don't have to be so annoyed by it." I mumble looking at my hands in my lap.

Then the blimp catches fire and slowly falls.

An explosion causes Chishiya to flinch and me to grab onto him. My arms around his neck and arm, and my face hiding in his chest.

"You don't have to hide anymore y/n." He teases me as he starts walking again, I slowly let go and realize how tired I am.

I close my eyes and fall asleep in his arms.

~

I wake up in an abandoned building on a bed. Chishiya nowhere in sight. I look around and notice that one I am in a bed, two my bandages have been changed, and three that the building right next to me is directly under the King of Diamonds blimp.

That guy, playing a game without me? And how exactly did w-

My face heats up when I remember that he carried me here while I was sleeping. Then he changed my bandages, I think I should start trusting the guy a little more.

But ugh, is he bipolar? I mean one minute he is making fun of me, and the next he is carrying me like I am a princess.

His princes- no, y/n don't think like that. I scold myself in my mind as I sit there.

Maybe he needs help, well, I can't waltz in there after the game has already started, so I guess I should probably wait.

The building I am in is an apartment building. Maybe I could make some food, if the food hasn't rotted.

I get up slowly, not wanted to mess with Chishiya's work, and walk over to another room.

This one is dimmer and looks to be a living space, it is very dusty, no one has been here for a while.

I guess there probably isn't any food for me to even try to use.

I still check the kitchen just in case.

Yup... Nothing.

I get bored after like 5 minutes of sitting on the bed, maybe I could explore, he wouldn't mind that would he?

I think of his reaction either he would make fun of me, or sigh and walk the other direction. I don't feel like dealing with that right now.

I look out the window, off into the distance. The closest game is the Queen of Clubs.

That was probably our next destination if we are trying to eliminate them. I see that a few other blimps aren't there anymore, maybe Arisu and our other friends has something to do with that.

I hope they are alright, I miss Kuina and her bright smiles.

I miss Ann and her calling me stupid.

I miss Tatta and his happiness that could light up the room.

I miss Usagi and the peace we can share even in the silence.

I even miss Arisu and his weird imagination. The kid's smart, he would've gotten far if he had listened to Karube. Both him and Chota.

Karube always told me how he wanted those two to make it big, leaving him behind to watch it all happen, and let him be able to think I was their friend. I helped them get there, he told me that he would never forgive himself for keeping them grounded.

Oh, if only he knew what happened, I miss my bar buddy, the hungover days he came in just to talk to me and Emi.

How he loves that girl, I wonder how she will be, if we get back and she finds out.

I dont think I can face her.

Or Ichigo's parents, I mean I knew she had been waiting for a moment to drop out of life. I just wish I got a proper goodbye.

Thinking about all my friends, I notice I am crying, thinking of the memories we have shared.

I don't want to forget any of it, even the bad parts.

__________________
A bit of a sad one, well maybe not for you, but for me. I hope you have enjoyed it this far!

Thoughts?