Chapter 13 (Chishiya's POV)

We set up camp in an abandoned building, y/n was still shaken up from before and turned in early.

None of the other teams made it halfway, it was meant to be impossible unless you could fully trust the one instructing you.

Y/n trusted me and I still almost got her killed, I underestimated that panther, it was reading her movements quickly and was barely running into the walls at the end.

If I had just made her go the other way, she wouldn't have almost been eaten.

"But we did finish the game." I say to myself, looking over to the sleeping girl next to me.

Her wound didn't reopen during the game, so that probably wouldn't be a problem anymore. Well besides it maybe being sore.

The building we are in is an office building. We decided to stay on one of the higher floors, so we could scout out our next game.

The closest game was the King of Hearts. Another heart game, y/n usually exels in those games, as long as she stays focused.

The last hearts game it seemed as though her mind was elsewhere. Otherwise she would've come to me way sooner with the answer.

She still hasn't told me what happened back there, but it seems whatever happened, she's over it. We should be able to finish the game quickly.

What I can't figure out, is who was the Queen of Clubs? Why didn't she show herself? It was her game.

I guess some answers won't be brought to light for me.

Y/n shifts in her sleep, bringing my attention to her.

I can't seem to figure her out, I know very little and it is driving me mad.

When we were back in the subway, the screens showing the past games showed up, nothing too interesting to me. But when I looked over to y/n and Arisu, they looked heartbroken.

I guess that happens when you find your friends here with you.

There were few blimps left, so after tomorrow, we will probably head back to fight the King of Spades and the Queen of Hearts.

Maybe we will meet up with the others.

That's when the King of Hearts blimp caught fire and exploded in the distance.

It seems as though fate has a different idea, that means we have little time to prepare the fight with the King.

For me he would probably the most challenging to defeat. I mean I could probably outsmart him, and with y/n's help she could lead him right to it.

She would not like me using her as bait though. So, on the walk back we can discuss it.

With that I lay down next to y/n and try to fall asleep.