Chapter 2

Damn it, we got separated again, and now I'm with Chishiya, my ears are still ringing. I could hear cars racing in the distance and gunshots.

"I hope the others are okay, it seems as though there is only one shooter so we should be safe." I say brushing myself off.

He does the same and looks like he's contemplating something.

"We should find another game," He finally says getting up, not offering me a hand or anything.

"And which one do you have in mind?" I sigh getting up.

"Whichever one we stumble across first." He smirks and starts walking.

"Hey wait a minute, you can't go parading around, we don't know for sure if he's gone."

"Well," He looks of to his right and then his left. "Seem fine."

I roll my eyes at him and follow, with all of the chaos I don't know when my visa expires anymore, so it would be smart to play a different game. Not on the King of Spades territory.

I look at the sky and see the Jack of Hearts not too far off, it seems he chose that one as well.

I just hope he doesn't betray me again. I sigh and follow, carefully watching our surroundings though.

I never know when that guy will show up again.

It was starting to get dark by the time we reached the blimp for the Jack of Hearts.

It was looking over Teio Prison, well this should be good.

Chishiya had looked back at me every once in a while to make sure I was following, sometimes he seemed disappointed to see me.

I ignored it, and now that we are here I kind of wish I had mad it into the car. Would've been a tight squeeze but whatever.

Better than a prison, I gulped as we walked in. There was a few collars left on the table and we both secured one on our necks and walked up the stairs.

He seemed to enjoy every minute of my struggling, and didn't even offer to help.

We entered a room, and he walked over to the other side waving me over while smiling, I knew it, I am going to die this game.

Few people were here and everyone was looking down, after a few minutes, presumably the last guy walked in.

He looked familiar, but I don't know where I would've seen him from before, maybe another game?

Chishiya sighed when the guy walked in, he had left a few minutes ago to look around leaving me with a shy guy who reminded me of a minion.

"Look who showed up." I whisper to him, "what took you so long?"

"Hmm, tell you later." He brushes off my question and I role my eyes.

"Difficulty level, Jack of Hearts. Game, 'solitary confinement.' Rules. Guess the card symbol that is on the back of your collar." The computer starts as the screen lit up.

"However you may not look at the symbol yourself."

A lady messes with her collar a little. And can't move it, I guess it's locked in place.

"The time limit for each round is 1 hour. In the final five minutes enter your cell and answer your symbol."

A long hall lit up and we could see our new 'rooms' for the game.

"If you don't answer correctly, game over. The collar will explode and you will die. Additionally, when the time limit reaches zero, the symbol will reset for each round."

"Wait a second. That just means we have to ask each other what our symbols are. That's easy huh." The guy next to me says.

I smile at his innocence, he is so sweet.

"I'm not so sure." I hear Chishiya say, I was about to jab him with my elbow but he noticed and grabbed it. "They haven't told us the conditions to win yet."

The boys smile lowers a little, and I glare at Chishiya.

"This game is about how much you can trust your fellow players. Be aware that one of your opponents is the Jack of Hearts, and has already been placed among you."

The screen had our pictures on it.

"Oh, that's good." Chishiya says.

"So one of us, is the Jack of Hearts?" A man questions.

"How to win. Rounds repeat every hour. You win the game when the Jack of Hearts dies."

A man starts messing with his collar now.

"Prohibited actions. Looking at your own symbol through a reflective surface is cheating. Players must not use violence or weapons to kill one another."

"This means the only way that this game will end is if the Jack gives the wrong answer. So, basically no one is getting out alive unless they lie to the Jack." Chishiya explains to the boy.

"There is no limit to the number of rounds."

"No limit?" A man asks.

"Enough food has been provided."

"What?" The guy next to us asks.

"While participating in this game, no days shall be removed from your visas."

So we need to start lying, and find the Jack of Hearts and kill them off." Blonde says finally letting go of my arm. "Or we'll live out the rest of our days in this prison. Solitary for life."

"The game will now commence. You can move about until it is time to go in your cell." The computer finishes.

Well this should be fun.