Chapter 7

I walk out to the start area and look around, maybe I can set up somewhere to watch people more closely.

I already assessed everyone, but I can't tell if they are for sure the Jack. And unless I can get their partner to lie to them, then I won't win.

Round 6 was started now and I really want to get this over, but I think I might need a little more time watching everyone. Especially that rich looking couple. And the one with the emo guy in it.

I watch others, and still can't figure anything out, 2 rounds go by and I think Chishiya understands that I don't want to talk right now.

It's like a stand off or something, Ippei hasn't noticed, I think he is too upset about people lying to each other.

Or Chishiya is shutting down his hopes and dreams.

Round 10 comes up and I am sitting by Ippei.

The group only has six people left, if I include Chishiya and Ippei.

They lie to the balding guy and Urumi, smart, but now what are they going to do.

Ippei and I talk, but he is always so anxious now, I think the game is getting to him. It already got to me, but hopefully I am hiding it a bit better.

Chishiya tries talking every once in a while, but usually I keep it to confirming our symbols and then I go back to doing whatever I am doing.

There are only 7 of us left, three groups, I know it is not Ippei or Chishiya now, but the other 4 are all suspicious.

Any could be it, or they could be working together.

"I don't think I can  keep playing this game." Ippei sobs, I walk over and try to comfort him.

"Diamond." Chishiya says telling Ippei his symbol.

"How much longer man?" Ippei asks him. And then he crouches on the floor still sobbing. "This is so messed up. I thought that... people were better than this."

"Hey it's-" I start

"Man you led a charmed life." Chishiya cuts. "I'm sorry. But this is our reality now. Maybe we won't get out of this alive. But, right now, all we can do is help one another, so we can get out of this game."

I think about his words, even though he isn't good at the tone part, he can say quite the speech.

"Okay?" He adds kneeling down. "We can do this." He turns around. "What's my symbol?"

"Heart." Ippei answers quietly, neither lied.

Later I walk in my cell, both informed me that I am a diamond same as Ippei.

I walk out of my cell and down the hall to get a snack, not checking on either of the boys.

I'm sure they were fine, I usually walked away at first anyways, so nothing new. I grab a snack and settle on the stairs, it's like my little hiding spot while I wait for the hour to be up.

This round was probably going to be the same.

(At the time, the reader doesn't know that Ippei has died).

I look at the two pairs of people from my hiding spot, both pairs are assessing who the Jack is.

Next thing I know I have company, the one guy who is partners with the emo dude.

"Seems your partner is dead." He says nonchalantly.

"Huh?"

"The nervous one."

I look up at the screen through the grate and sure enough his symbol is dim.

Well shit, I should probably find Chishiya.

"Going to find the other guy?" The guy asks.

"So what if I am?" I pause.

"Hm, I don't know how trustworthy he is. Maybe I can help you." He says standing up and walking behind me to see what my symbol is.

"How do I know you are not the Jack." I question facing him before he can check my symbol.

My hair was covering it so I don't think he could see.

"Well here, how about this." He puts his hand out. "Name's Banda."

I look at his hand and warily shake it "y/n"

"See? Now we know each other."

I roll my eyes at him, this Banda and Chishiya are pretty similar.

"Well, want my help?" He asks.

"Why would you help me?"

"That's a good question, that I don't have a specific answer to. But do you want my help or not?"

"Fine" I turn around and move my hair.

"Spade." He says, lie.

"Hm, mind telling the truth?" I ask facing him.

He smiles and walks away, well I guess I just have to ask Chishiya.

"It's time to enter your cell" the computer says.

Shit I didn't have time to ask, well I guess I'll die or something.

But what should my final guess be?

Chishiya wasn't in sight when I got there, he already entered his.

I enter mine, there is one minute remaining to guess.

Think think think, well if I am going to go out, I should choose Heart, it's my specialty anyways.

I got to go with my gut on this one I guess.

"Please give your answer." The computer says.

"Heart." I say squeezing my eyes shut waiting.