Chapter 11

We start our trek to the Queen of clubs, I wonder what team game we would be playing now.

He hasn't said anything since our last conversation in the apartment.

We saw the King of Spade's blimp about a mile away from us, so he probably wanted us to be silent just in case the King caught up.

Crossing past overgrown buildings and decaying bodies was never a walk I thought I would have to do. But here I am.

My left is still a little sore, but I have been able to keep up with the blonde's speed. He still stops every once in a while making sure I am there.

The silence was deadly, like it seemed if I tried speaking I would die or something from the tension.

I found out why I get to carry the bag though, it has some bandages and other medical supplies we might need. And since I am the one who usually needs it, he probably decided that I should keep it on me.

We are now about half a mile away from the Queen of Club's territory. And he stopped us to rest a little.

The blimp looks to be over a laboratory or something.

We still had about an hour left before sundown happens, so we can devise a plan or something.

"Y/n, when we go in there and find out the game then I will come up with a plan." He says.

Typical, I wouldn't know the plan until I either went the wrong way or I disobey what he tells me to do.

"Cutting it close, huh?" I ask, he does his signature smirk.

"Why of course."

~

We walk into the building. It is also a bit overgrown and creepy looking. When we walk in, we see others in there, some nervous, others looked around nonchalantly.

We walk in, I do my best to hide my limp.

After a few minutes the screen turns on.

"Difficulty level, Queen of Clubs. Game, 'Cat and mouse.'"

I look over at Chishiya confused, but he is paying attention to the screen.

"Rules, find out how much you can trust your friend. One will be the mouse, stuck in the maze, and the other will help them out of it. Only the helper can see the maze, it is invisible to the mice. Help them escape to the safe zone and be the first team there. Only the first team can walk out of here alive."

I think about the objective, we just have to trust each other, that's not difficult. I lie to myself.

"However, you may not use weapons to kill your pursuers. The maze is also invisible to them."

Pursuers? That was the twist I guess. At least they had a handicap, hopefully the wouldn't catch up quickly.

"Players, choose a teammate and pick the matching color collars."

Chishiya grabs my arm and we walk over to the table that has the collars on it. He just grabs the (favorite color) one.

Then we secure it around our necks, the other teams doing the same.

There was 8 teams total.

Mice choose a hall to start down, helpers move down the matching opposite side.

"I will get you out of the maze." Chishiya says pushing me towards the row of halls, not giving me a chance to answer.

I walk down the hallway and fin myself in a huge room.

"Mice you just have to get through the door on the other side of the room. You can hear your partners voice but you won't be able to see them. Remember this is a team effort to get out of here. You have a 5 minute head start before we release your pursuers." The computer gives us the go.

"Y/n, move forward." I hear Chishiya say, I listen and walk about 5 steps. "Stop, and turn to your right and move 4 equal steps forward."

"Alright." I comply, my breathing feels a bit shaky and I complete his order.

If he sees the maze, he should've figured the way out.

"Turn around and walk three steps in the direction you came from."

Now I am confused, why do I have to go back, doesn't he already know the way? I do as he says.

"Now turn right and walk 5 steps forward."

I comply to all of his orders and in the end I end up next the the door where I started. Only now I can't reach the door.

He provides his instructions quickly throughout the 5 minutes, and he informs me that we are halfway. That couldn't be possible, he's been leading me back and forth in circles we couldn't possibly be even close to halfway.

"Your pursuers have been released." The computer says.

Released? Like an animal?

"Y/n, focus, you need to listen now." Chishiya tries getting my attention again.

Only I was too focused on the three panthers growling at me.