✎ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ━━━━━━ 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐌 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌

A SIGH LEFT SHAY'S LIPS AS SHE HELPED GEMMA AND WENDY DECORATE JAX'S HOME FOR ABEL'S HOMECOMING

After spending a long time in the NICU, Abel was finally strong enough to come home which was a nice bright spot in what seemed to be a continuous dark cloud hanging over everyone.

"It needs to be straighter." Gemma chimed in with a smirk on her face as she held Leela in her arms.

Shay looked away from the blue balloons she was blowing up and looked over to where Wendy was hanging up a 'Welcome Home' banner.

Shay rolled her eyes at Gemma's pettiness. Sure, the sign was crooked but Wendy was actually here helping and doing her best ( something that wouldn't have happens months ago and while Shay had never been a fan of Wendy, she was supportive of the woman's recovery.

"Gem, leave her alone. The banner looks fine." Shay said while giving a small reassuring smile towards Wendy.

She could tell Wendy was a bundle of nerves which wasn't surprising. Any mother would be in this situation and if there was some way for Shay to give even a little bit of comfort to Wendy then she would.

Gemma rolled her eyes before walking off with a babbling Leela in her arms.

"Thanks." Wendy said with a grateful smile as she stepped down from the step stool. "I'm nervous as fuck and having Gemma pointing out everything I'm doing wrong isn't helping." She added while running a hand through her hair.

"It's just Gemma being Gemma." Shay said. "She wants everything to be perfect. Don't let it get to you." She said trying to reassure the nervous mother while blowing up the last ballon.

It was easy for Shay to let Gemma's comments roll off of her back because of the relationship the two had but, she knew how mean and hurtful the queen of SAMCRO could be to others — especially those she didn't like or deem family.

Shay was luck the woman was like a mother to her and loved her enough to treat her as such because had she been in Wendy's and even Tara's place she would never give Gemma Teller a minute of the day to disrespect her like she did to them.

"I'm so fucking nervous that I'm going to fuck up again. It's always in the back of my head that I could just wake up one morning and stick that shit in body again." Wendy admitted as she sat down on the couch, a sigh leaving her lips.

Shay really did not want to be having this deep conversation with Wendy right now. They weren't friends and this felt like a conversation you had with a friend or at least someone who liked you enough to want to have a conversation with you.

Sure, Shay found it commendable that Wendy went to rehab after Abel's birth but, it wasn't the first time Wendy had gone to rehab and promised to stay sober. It was a never ending cycle and Shay sadly knew that all too well.