✎ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘𝐒𝐈𝐗 ━━━ 𝐅𝐋𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑

𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠-𝘚𝘐𝘟 //  FLIRTING WITH DISASTER

𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠-𝘚𝘐𝘟 // FLIRTING WITH DISASTER

SHAY HAD FORGOTTEN HAD MUCH SHE ENJOYED TACOMA. Everything from the weather to the people were so vastly different from Charming that Shay's mood instantly shifted the moment she arrived in the Pacific Northwest.

Her worries and stress about Jax was no longer in the front of her mind, yet it still buzzed around like an annoying mosquito trying to suck her blood. The Miller woman had little to no contact with Jax since arriving at Natalie and Kozik's home, only to let him know that she and Leela were safe and had arrived okay.

Sure, Jax and Shay had plenty of fights before but this one felt different, and she wasn't so certain if they could go back to the way they were.

A smile took over Shay's face as she walked into the kitchen, a yawn escaping her lips as her blue eyes fell on Kozik holding a giggling Leela in his arms and Natalie sitting at the table sipping on a cup of coffee, staring at her boyfriend and niece with a smile on her lips.

"Morning." Shay greeted while making her way towards the coffee pot. "When did Leela wake up? I must of been so tired I didn't even hear her." She said while scratching at her forehead as she grabbed a mug from the cabinet.

Shay wasn't a sleeper, having suffered from long periods of insomnia she was use to hearing every sound Leela made. It was unusual for her to sleep so soundly throughout the night.

"A few hours ago." Kozik said as he continued to make faces at Leela. "We figured we'd let you sleep." The blonde added as he looked over Shay.

Shay pour herself a cup of coffee, turning around and leaning against the counter as she placed the mug up to her lips and took a sip of the warm dark liquid. She nodded, giving Kozik an appreciative smile. Most days it felt like she was raising Leela alone. Sure, she had help from Gemma and her dad when he had time, but it wasn't the same as having Jax there.

She didn't complain much about it though because she knew what she had signed up for. SAMCRO always came first and if it wasn't the club it was a long list of shit in Jax's life that came first as shitty as it sounded. That's just the way it was.

"See, Tacoma is good for you. Maybe you should move here." Natalie suggested with a smirk.

For years Natalie had been trying to get Shay to move to Tacoma so the two sisters could be closer to each other once again, but each time Shay laughed off her hints or flat out said no, claiming she couldn't leave behind their dad and Jax.

Natalie understood Shay's reasons. She had made the decision years ago to leave behind Charming to be with Kozik and in doing so left behind Shay and their dad — a decision she never regretted, but she hated leaving behind Shay.

A sigh left Shay's lip at Natalie's words. "You know I can't, Nat. Even though Jax is being a complete idiot right now he's Leela's dad and I'm not going to take her away from him." Shay stated matter of factly.

The sad truth was the only way she would move was if Jax came with her. Even if their relationship never got back to where it was she would never take Leela away from him.

"I know, Shay." Natalie nodded with sympathy laced in her voice. "You're too loyal to him." The older Miller sister stated as she stood up from the table, placing her empty coffee mug into the sink.

Shay pinched the bridge of her nose as she let Natalie's words sink in. She knew her older sister was right, but she didn't want to hear it right now.

"Nat, I really don't want to hear it right now. I know my loyalty to Jax makes me blind in most situations, but please can we talk about anything else." Shay practically begged her older sister as she scratched at her forehead.

Shay didn't mind having the difficult conversations with her sister. Natalie had pretty much raised her after all, but she didn't feel like having this conversation right now and in front of Kozik. While Kozik saw her like a little sister he was bound to agree or side with Jax. The club came first after all and so did brotherhood.

"Let's talk about how wasted you're going to get tonight." Kozik finally spoke up as he let out a laugh.

A grin took over Shay's face at Kozik's words. A party at the SAMTAC clubhouse tonight was exactly what she needed. It would definitely be a night to remember.

_____

SAMTAC'S CLUBHOUSE WAS FILLED WITH MUSIC AS SHAY sat next to Kozik and Nomad President Quinn. The party was in full blast and Shay was a few drinks deep into the night already.

The dark haired woman threw her head back with laughter as she placed a hand on Quinn's tattooed arm. Shay would be a liar if she said she didn't find the Nomad President attractive. He was a hulking man at least 6'4 with long hair and tattoos. Shay had always found him to be a nice guy and the two got along well whenever he came to Charming.

"I'm gonna get another drink you want anything?" Kozik questioned as he eyed Shay with a raised eyebrow.

Herman Kozik had know Shay Miller since she was sixteen. She was practically his sister in law, he looked at her like a younger sister, and he knew when she wasn't acting like herself.

"I'm alright man." Quinn said, keeping his eyes on Shay.

"I'm okay, Koz." Shay smiled as she removed her eyes from Quinn's handsome face to look at Kozik with a smile. "I'm alright." She reassured the blonde with a nod once she noticed the look on his worried face.

He nodded and walked towards the bar, making sure to keep an eye on Shay and Quinn as he did so. It wasn't that he didn't trust Quinn. Quinn was a good guy, but he didn't trust Shay in her alcohol induced state. He didn't want her to do something she would regret.

"So, you still got that cop boyfriend?" Quinn questioned with a grin once Kozik was far enough away from them.

A small laugh fell from Shay's lip. "You remember that?"

Quinn nodded. "Yeah. It's not everyday SAMCRO'S Princess dates a man of the law." He stated matter of factly with a deep laugh.

"Especially since the prince of Charming is in love with the princess." He added. "I can see why too." The Nomad President smiled as he stared into Shay's blue eyes.

Shay leaned over and placed a kiss on Quinn's cheek, "Let's dance, Quinn." She suggested with a wide smile on her face as she threw back a shot of tequila.

Quinn shook his head as a laugh fell from his mouth, finishing the rest of his beer before grabbing Shay's hand and bringing her towards the makeshift dance floor.

Shay stayed close to Quinn, wrapped up in his arms as they danced around to the loud music. This was exactly the kind of night the Miller woman had been needing. If only her head wasn't filled with thoughts of Jax and Ben the whole time.

______

AN —
Sorry it took me so long to update! This chapter is really just a filler chapter there's no Jax in it, but Shay is just shamelessly flirting while she's in Tacoma and I'm here for it. Like, sorry not sorry Jax and Ben. Thank you for all of the votes and comments! ❤️