✎ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘𝐓𝐖𝐎 ─── 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘 𝐀𝐅𝐅𝐀𝐈𝐑

SHAY SAT IN BETWEEN NATALIE AND JAX INSIDE their dad's house while Kozik sat next to Natalie with a protective arm wrapped around her shoulders

The tension was thick in the small home, almost suffocating the brunette women. Her throat felt tight as she stared at her dad and Farrah; the former married couple sitting close to each other on the small couch, holding each other hands tightly — like they were each other's lifelines.

A scoff fell from Shay's lips as her blue eyes stared at the couple, coldly. It was pathetic to see her dad got wrapped back up in Farrah's bullshit. They looked like pathetic teenagers who just got caught sneaking out by their parents; except Shay and Natalie were the parents in this situation.

"Calm down, darlin'." Jax whispered into her ear, placing a hand on her bouncing leg.

Shay looked down at Jax's hand, not even realizing her leg had began to bounce up and down with anxiety. How was she suppose to calm down in this situation? This was years of anxiety built up and it was suddenly coming out. It wasn't easy to just 'calm down'.

"Easier said than done." She muttered.

"We're glad you decided to come over." Caleb cleared his throat, smiling nervously at his daughters. "Your mother—

"Don't call her that." Natalie quickly cut Caleb off, her voice hard. Her dark eyes were cold as she stared at the both of them. "That woman has never been a mother to us." The older Miller sisters tone was full of anger as she narrowed her eyes at the older brunette sitting across from her.

"Natalie." Caleb's tone was soft, yet it held a slight warning to it.

Shay had it. Her anger was boiling over and at the tone of her father's tone it all came out. How dare he sit there and warn her sister to watch what she said. It was all bullshit.

"You're fucking joking right? You're going to sit there with her and act like what Natalie is saying is wrong? You're fucking delusional, dad. Farrah has never been a mother to us and you know that! It was always Gemma there for us. Fuck, even the croweaters raised us!"

Shay could feel her face getting hot as tears formed in her eyes. She could feel Jax's hand rubbing soothing circles on her lower back.

"Natalie took care of me while you called her, begging her to come back. We were just kids! We needed you, dad. She never came back for you, or us. She left us to do drugs and whatever else it was she fucking did!" Shay's teary eyes shot a cold look towards Farrah, the woman having the decency to look away ashamed. "Now she's back and what for? You think it's for you? You think it's because she loves you and wants to be together again after how many fucking years?! It's bullshit and you know that."

"That's enough." Caleb finally spoke up. "I will not allow the disrespect in my house. Your mother is not perfect and neither am I, but we love both of you."